#1 Wheel Horse Kid OFFLINE  

Wheel Horse Kid

Certified Wheel Horse Nut

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 10019
  • 213 Thanks
  • 817 posts

Posted June 20, 2012 - 08:13 PM

So, I was outside this afternoon sanding on a John Deere 312. I put my cell phone on my mom's car's spoiler for safe keeping (which I later found out is not safe keeping at all). Well, after working out there for a couple of hours and getting really involved with my work, I totally forgot all about my phone.

Well, my mom left to go to an appointment. I did not think anything about my phone till about 30 min after she left. The though suddenly came to me, oh crap! I did not take my phone off her car!

So, after searching for over an hour for my phone, I cannot find it on the road anywhere! :angry: I just got it a couple of months ago and barely had it broken in and I don't have money to buy another one.

I am steaming mad right now! :mad2: :mad2: Oh, well, I guess those things happen to everybody.....

#2 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,447 Thanks
  • 6,612 posts

Posted June 20, 2012 - 08:48 PM

Yep ,everyone has days like that ,things just bad ,Al
  • Wheel Horse Kid said thank you

#3 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted June 20, 2012 - 08:55 PM

That is a bummer. I have done things like that in the past and I am sure I will have plenty more. Hopefully you can find it and it is still in one piece.

#4 tinner OFFLINE  

tinner

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 961
  • 502 Thanks
  • 1,561 posts

Posted June 20, 2012 - 09:10 PM

One time I stopped about a mile from the house, rolled down the window and reached up and got my coffee off the roof. Another time I drove about 60 miles and when I stopped at the first traffic light when I got off the freeway the guy next to me honked and pointed toward the rear of my truck. Thought I had a flat on the trailer. When I walked back there was my flashlight on the truck bumper still on. Things go bad sometimes, don't beat yourself up over it. Wait till you get my age and you forget what you forgot.

#5 CRFarnsworth ONLINE  

CRFarnsworth

• Contributor
  • Member No: 6275
  • 3,638 Thanks
  • 1,733 posts

Posted June 20, 2012 - 09:11 PM

Yup things like that happen to everyone. In the past four months I have put two phones through the washing machine. The wife says if I help with the laundry I have to phone myself before each load!!! Hope you find yours. Rick .

#6 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted June 20, 2012 - 09:14 PM

I hope you find your phone. If you find it, I also hope it works. Good luck.

#7 Wheel Horse Kid OFFLINE  

Wheel Horse Kid

Certified Wheel Horse Nut

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 10019
  • 213 Thanks
  • 817 posts

Posted June 20, 2012 - 09:24 PM

Thanks for the kind words guys! There sure is a great bunch of guys on here. We are going to go look for it again tomorrow and hopefully we can find it then. Will let you all know how it turns out.

#8 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,607 posts

Posted June 20, 2012 - 09:27 PM

Hopefully it's on the berm and not in the tire tracks. Hope you find it intact and still working.

#9 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,414 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted June 21, 2012 - 05:12 AM

I'm sorry to hear of the lost phone! I usually leave mine laying somewhere, just try not to put it on anything with wheels!

#10 Delmar ONLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,321 Thanks
  • 2,415 posts

Posted June 21, 2012 - 05:23 AM

Man, that sucks about your phone. Been there, done that. I hope you find it in good shape. That's one of those things that technology could have done us a favor and left on the wall. But, they sure are convienent.
I took my phone for a swim at the lake a couple of years ago. It was in my shirt pocket because I had just finished talking on it. I got to the dock, leaned over to tie up the boat, and it fell out. It bounced once on the dock, and did a really nice somersault into the water.

#11 GTTinkerer OFFLINE  

GTTinkerer

GT Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1564
  • 1,153 Thanks
  • 1,326 posts

Posted June 21, 2012 - 07:19 AM

I hate to say this but I actually did pretty well without a cell phone for the first 56 years of life but now I have a panic attack if it is not with me when I leave the house.

Bill
  • HDWildBill and Wheel Horse Kid have said thanks

#12 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted June 21, 2012 - 07:28 AM

Well, the spoiler is probably pretty slippery so I would think it fell off in the first few turns. I hope you find it still working! Good Luck!

When I am in the garage, I have a certain spot I put my phone. On top of the file cabinet at the end of the work bench. Its out of the way and unless something falls from the ceiling its safe there. I also don't keep it in my pocket when I am doing tractor work.

#13 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,414 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted June 21, 2012 - 07:40 AM

Mine likes to turn itself off when in a pocket. Been countless times I waited for it to ring and found it was off. So I take it out of the pocket and lay it in the shade close to where I am working. I have a train whistle for a ringer, only bad thing is there is a RR not far away. Makes for many trips to the phone to see if it is ringing.

#14 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted June 21, 2012 - 08:23 AM

Sorry to hear you lost the phone. We have all done something like that.
Being tied to a phone 8 hrs a day, about the last thing I want to do when I'm off work is talk on the phone.
I carry a a Cell phone primarily because I have a 45 minute Commute each way every day and keep it for emergency use.
I knew I would be prone to lay it down somewhere and forget it. In fact I did just that Sunday afternoon with my Uncle Henry pocket knife(which I've had for 25 yrs( remembered it about 10pm and got a flashlight and went and found it). So I got a Case for the phone that clips to my belt at Walmart.
It's on my right side right next to my leatherman at all times.

Edited by JD DANNELS, June 21, 2012 - 08:28 AM.

#15 LTD OFFLINE  

LTD

Cub Cadet Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5951
  • 1,028 Thanks
  • 1,455 posts

Posted June 21, 2012 - 09:31 PM

I know what you mean about losing/breaking phones. I've been through two phones in a little less than a year and working on destroying my third. The first one I drowned pulling a snowmobile out of a pond(another story). The second fell out of my pocket mowing hay. That one got found a couple weeks and rain storms later but needless to say it did'nt work. Hope you find yours.