#1 8tyman8 OFFLINE  

8tyman8

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 5455
  • 414 Thanks
  • 731 posts

Posted June 16, 2012 - 01:02 PM

hydraulic valve for hydro tube frame WITH float
i bought a box of hydraulic parts for $60 and there was this valve that looks very similar to the bolens valve how ever this one has a float feature i asked the guy and he sayed it was from a massy with hydro i was going to put it on my h14 but i am adding power steering and my steering valve does not have a power beyond port so my lift valve must be inline with the steering valve and this valve in float opens all circuits so if i turned with the lift valve in float since my lift cylinder is not balanced my mower or what ever attachment would raise might put it on my 1256 tho just thought i would pass this around that there is a valve to fit the tube frame that has float
IMG_0397.JPG valve with float
IMG_0401.JPG bolens valve beside valve with float
IMG_0398.JPG valve with float end
IMG_0399.JPG bolens valve end
IMG_0400.JPG bolens valve

Edited by 8tyman8, June 16, 2012 - 01:04 PM.

#2 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted June 16, 2012 - 07:17 PM

That valve alone is easily worth the 60$ you payed for the box of parts. Is there a mechanical float function built into the lift linkage for the tube frames?

#3 8tyman8 OFFLINE  

8tyman8

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 5455
  • 414 Thanks
  • 731 posts

Posted June 16, 2012 - 09:10 PM

That valve alone is easily worth the 60$ you payed for the box of parts. Is there a mechanical float function built into the lift linkage for the tube frames?

there was never float option on bolens tube frames they had a slot cut on the lift linkage like on the jd mower decks also in the box there was 8 steel lines 2 rubber lines and this valve and a bolens valve a good 2"x4" cylinder the nuts and furls on the steel lines are worth $40 alone

#4 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted June 17, 2012 - 05:33 AM

Sweet deal on that box of goodies. A new valve like that is a real rarity as well. You could add a loader now using the float valve for the lift or a front blade with lift/float and angle. With the steel lines it almost looks like the PO was gathering the parts for a loader.

#5 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,344 Thanks
  • 39,622 posts

Posted June 17, 2012 - 07:00 AM

What brand is the Bolens valve? It is the same as the 2 I have. Been trying to find info on them. I am wondering what the knurled knob at the outer end does? Nice score on all that!