• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted June 15, 2012 - 10:39 PM

I don't even know were to begin. I will make this as short as possible.

Two days ago My Dad went to an appointment at the VA Hospital. His Doctor sent him for an eco chardiogram (or something like that.) They found that his heart valve has failed, and they wanted to admit him right then and there to get a replacement valve.

They said it would be difficult to do this because he had a 5 way bypass already, and they would have to open him up in the same place.

He told the doctor he would have to think about weather he wants it done. After talking to him today, I think he has opted not to have it done,

This is just hard for me because everything I have been doing is for him, I still have a lot more to do on Gt's and things for him, and I feel like I might not get the chance to finish things in time for him to enjoy.

Then to top it off, My step Dad was in the hospital over the last week. They were sending him to a rehab place today.

My mom called me and said she was at the rehab waiting for him to arrive

Mom called me back an Hour later and said he Passed away soon after he got to the rehab!!!!!!!

I Just spoke to him!!!!!!!!!! He sounded great!!!!!!!!

I don't even know what I am doing at this point, I feel like I am in a bad dream!!!

If it wasn't for this site, I think I would be like a zombie right now. But Helping others and joking around as I do, Helps me cope with things.

I tried to make this as short as I could.

Thanks for everything GTt members! Chris
  • middleageddeere said thank you

#2 TimHky86 OFFLINE  

TimHky86
  • Member No: 10215
  • 2 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted June 15, 2012 - 10:47 PM

Chris im sorry for your loss and for your fathers health. i just joined this group tonight but i have my dads old bush hog gt that im restoring for him and to pass on to my son like you i just received bad news today my dad is battling cancer and we just got news today that is back and surgery is coming soon again so my only advice is to pray and keep the gts going in his honor if something does happen god bless
  • middleageddeere and chris m have said thanks

#3 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted June 15, 2012 - 11:03 PM

Thanks Tim! I am sorry to have to welcome you to GTt under these circumstances!

I am sorry to here about your Dad to! I will put him in my prayers also!

That is great what you are doing with the Bush Hog! I am doing the same with my Dads Ford 100. and a bunch of other pieces of equipment and GT's. for him.

You will like it on here! We have lots of great members!

Thanks again! Chris
  • middleageddeere and TimHky86 have said thanks

#4 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted June 15, 2012 - 11:09 PM

Chris, sorry to hear all this bad news you're having. Hang in there. My condolences, and
my prayers go out for you. I hope things look brighter for you soon.
  • chris m said thank you

#5 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted June 15, 2012 - 11:30 PM

Chris and Tim I have no words that can magically erase the pain you guys are going through, I offer my heart felt prayers for you and your families that through God's grace He will draw near and somehow provide a sense of comfort during these trying times....
  • chris m said thank you

#6 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,694 posts

Posted June 16, 2012 - 05:01 AM

Prayers are on the way, guys! I am truly saddened to hear this news. We are here for you both anytime you need us.
  • chris m said thank you

#7 achomesteader OFFLINE  

achomesteader

GT Fanatic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8128
  • 867 Thanks
  • 2,231 posts

Posted June 16, 2012 - 05:28 AM

Chris and Tim, sorry to hear the news about your fathers. I'll be praying for both of your families.

My condolences to you Chris, and to your mother on the loss of your stepdad.
  • chris m said thank you

#8 tinner OFFLINE  

tinner

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 961
  • 502 Thanks
  • 1,561 posts

Posted June 16, 2012 - 05:58 AM

Chris, I'm sorry to hear you lost your step-dad and will keep you and your mother in my prayers. Loosing him and hearing about your dad's condition at the same time must be devastating. Everyone here feels your pain and will be here anytime you nee to talk. God Bless you and your family and be with you during these trying times.
  • chris m said thank you

#9 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted June 16, 2012 - 06:20 AM

Chris, I'm sorry to hear of your bad news. I'll say a prayer for your family in this time of grief. You mentioned that helping others helps you cope. I have been inspired by your generous and kind spirit. Your generosity and kindness is a great tribute to your dad! I hope we will be able to help you through this trying time!
  • chris m said thank you

#10 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted June 16, 2012 - 06:22 AM

Chris I am sorry to hear of the loss of your stepfather and your fathers health condition. I lost my father this past year so the pain is still pretty fresh for me. Not a day goes by that I do not think about him or what he would have said or done. But I also appreciate all he did while he was here. I now realize, we must enjoy our friends and family while they are here with us. When they go.....we morn our/their loss but celebrate their lives and what they meant to us! I will pray for you and your family to find peace and comfort during this time. I also pray that your dad health will improve.

Tim, I too will keep your day, you and your family in my prayers during this time. I pray that there will be success in his battling of the cancer and the healing of his back. He wil be in my prayers daily.

Edited by sacsr, June 16, 2012 - 06:24 AM.

• chris m said thank you

#11 coldone OFFLINE  

coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted June 16, 2012 - 06:36 AM

Chris, sorry to hear the bad news. Your family is in our prayers. There is a new procedure in clinical trials for valve replacement. They do it like an angioplasty and dont have to open the chest. Here is a link to the Hospital in new Orleans that dose it. There are supposed to be other hospitals that are participating in the trials. Maybe ask your fathers Doctor about it.

http://www.ochsner.o...rt_valve_witho/
  • chris m said thank you

#12 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted June 16, 2012 - 06:47 AM

I echo alot of what Sacsr and other members have said, it gets rough sometimes but we've got to hold it together,specially when it looks darkest. IMO, in the midst of life we're all hurtling towards the end and it's important to be at our best and help others as we go. Let the Big Guy handle the rest that's out of our hands, none of your good works of are in vain and others rely on your ability to be steadfast. Keeping ya'll in my thoughts.
  • chris m said thank you

#13 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted June 16, 2012 - 09:04 AM

I can't say anything better then what has been said already but you guys have our thoughts and prayers.
  • chris m said thank you

#14 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,648 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted June 16, 2012 - 09:20 AM

So sorry to hear of the sad worrisome times you're going through Chris. You have my thoughts & prayers!
  • chris m said thank you

#15 tinbender7 OFFLINE  

tinbender7

FORDoholic

• Member No: 5171
  • 1,113 Thanks
  • 784 posts

Posted June 16, 2012 - 11:06 AM

Chris and Tim you and your families are in my prayers. I have been through this and knoe the pain.
  • chris m said thank you