#1 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,667 Thanks
  • 6,486 posts

Posted June 14, 2012 - 06:05 PM

Been seeing some diff seat/fender pans on the horsed here than what I have. In my earlier question about adjusting it, many think I have wrong set-up on my tractor. AND now that I got my manual it also shows diff set-up. Maybe my tractor is older than the 75 manuals and is diff? Seems the pans should swivel back at rear, have latches on front to release and many holes for adjustments with the seat mouned on two big U-shaped springs. SO, can I just get all that seat pan and it should mount on my tractor? or did I also have to get some of the rear box parts that have holes for hinging? I'll have to go out and see what I have exactly now. I'm gonna look around at shows for that style mounting parts. Anyone here have parts tractor with items?

#2 jusjeepn OFFLINE  

jusjeepn

• Member No: 2392
  • 84 Thanks
  • 120 posts

Posted June 16, 2012 - 11:38 PM

I believe Gary already pointed out in another post, that your B-80 is a 1977 model. The 77 model used a fixed fender that did not hinge back! Your seat has been changed. Looks like an old Murry style set up, hinged for battery access. Yours would have had a single piece seat mounted on a set of "U" shaped springs.

#3 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,667 Thanks
  • 6,486 posts

Posted June 19, 2012 - 12:09 PM

Found fella with Micro-fiche machine and he says 77 and it DOES have bolt down fenders like I got. Guess I'll leave it alone then. I would like to have the orig seat mount and those two springs though. My seat is fair shape, no holes, yet the rubber cover is one piece and slipping around some. Not sure if it would slip off the bucket w/out tearing up now that it is old? Not a vinyl like most. Going to tear-down engine and rebuild soon, it's kinda knocking and don't wanna blow rod. I'll tear it all down and paint then too. It's gonna take me awhile, never work fast. I'm selling some of my herd so working on those first. MM's of bigger size.