• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,303 Thanks
  • 28,628 posts

Posted June 15, 2012 - 10:13 PM

What a marvelous day. The GT's kept rolling in all day long. The Feature tent has some very nice stuff in it, The GT Games were a hit and we will do some more of them tomorrow.

My Buddy came thru 100 fold with the nicest teeter totter this side of the Mississippi. Tremendous amount of engineering and love went into it's construction. Thank you Caseguy. Pictures of that tomorrow.

Quite a bit of diversity in the units, many in their work clothes, some shiny. Lots of attachments. Great People, these GT people.

We did two games tonight. the Mail Delivery route and the Chain Drag. We started timing them, but got to laughing so hard, it just became a free for all. There weren't any prizes up for grabs any ways, just bragging rights

At TD&H's suggestion, we tried the chain drag.

#33 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,303 Thanks
  • 28,628 posts

Posted June 15, 2012 - 10:13 PM

Here are a couple vids of the mail route.

• olcowhand, KennyP, Toolpartzman and 1 other said thanks

#34 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,466 Thanks
  • 39,701 posts

Posted June 16, 2012 - 05:56 AM

:bigrofl: you guys are a hoot! :bigrofl:

Looks to be some money in that bowl. Glad you are getting something to help the poor thing out! It would make a great 'rags-to-riches' thread!

Great pics and video! Looks like a great turnout and lots of fun!

Edited by KennyP, June 16, 2012 - 06:17 AM.

#35 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted June 16, 2012 - 06:22 AM

Super pics great video, nice times for sure, The 'W.h' looks to be making a very good time on route, gettin' it done! Thanks for taking us there. There's something special about the 'local correspondents' from GTtalk, that enable them to get to these events, organize, participate and still put together these awesome presentations for those of us who can't be there in person.

:bounce: :urock: :bounce:

#36 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,303 Thanks
  • 28,628 posts

Posted June 16, 2012 - 08:59 PM

Having a great time around a campfire with DougT, Caseguy, family, and friends. Whooped tired but smiling and laughing.

Sent from the bottom of a bottle using Tapatalk 2

#37 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted June 16, 2012 - 09:16 PM

Thanks for the pictures. Looks to be a great turnout! Congratulations!

#38 dstaggs OFFLINE  

dstaggs

In Remembrance, RIP Dale

• RIP
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 228
  • 553 Thanks
  • 1,781 posts

Posted June 16, 2012 - 09:45 PM

Keep the GOOD WORK up. And you are having too much FUN for it to be Work. Great Job Congrats go to all.

#39 Toolpartzman OFFLINE  

Toolpartzman

Fun With Horsepower

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 7171
  • 468 Thanks
  • 1,280 posts

Posted June 17, 2012 - 05:27 AM

Great event and thanks for your effort Alan. We certainly need something like that out here on the frontier. :ok:

Edited by Toolpartzman, June 17, 2012 - 05:27 AM.

#40 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted June 17, 2012 - 01:59 PM

Well, I am back from the show, and I had an enjoyable time guys. I had a lot of fun at the tractor games, but I did find some other seat time to be just as fun. Alan took one of his Masseys into the arena for cleanup and leveling and he and I got into a small debate about the best way to blade the arena. Alan was backblading with the front blade on the Massey and I suggested a rear blade turned around traveling in a forward direction would do the same thing. After thinking on it he said, ya, but Steve (Caseguy) would say if we were good we would be using the front blade forward. Well, after another couple seconds and my big mouth saying "I bet I could do it forward with a front blade" I found myself on the tractor for seat time (success lol). I think Alan was impressed because 90% of what I bulldozed came out to be level (smooth) except for a few spots I cut a little deep lol. I don't know what he was expecting, he knew I couldn't stop helping him pick up after the tractor games LOL. Anyways, I am looking forward to some pics later/tomorrow because I didn't take that many lol.

Oh, and Steve's teeter toter was a complicated task to beat, and my best balance was hindered by MF10Ryan watching me with his foot ON the teeter toter!!! Argh..
  • MH81 and KennyP have said thanks

#41 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,303 Thanks
  • 28,628 posts

Posted June 18, 2012 - 07:35 AM

Casey, very glad you got home OK, and thanks for the PM letting me know you made it back.

Guys, Casey is being modest, he has a very steady hand on the lift on that dozer... As a matter of fact of fact, think he took a shining to that machine... He offered to "store" the MF12 and dozer blade for me at his place :)

The games were a hit. Only downfall with being involved with something like that is you can't do it with a camera. Other club members took some pics, and I'll update when I get more pics from them.

Several members were there. DougT, Casey, Tractorhead04, and Larry Sipe. while Larry isn't a member yet... He is the gentleman who sent George the 100's of great pictures of PA Plow day for us to enjoy. There may have been others, but my brain is fogging.

Yesterday was teardown, cleanup, load up and haul day. My kids have been Godsends in all of this. Caseguy helped me for quite a while and was going to stick around longer but I convinced him we could handle it from here. Thank you Steve. My Dad lost a brother over the weekend, so he wasn't there to help (traveling to the viewing & funeral) but the outpouring of willing hands around the grounds was wonderful

Loaded the first tractor around 11AM and locked up the truck around 10:45 last night. Only things on the grounds are a couple of 10x20 tents still up because the rain got on them before they got taken down, Dads tent that is in a building dry & disassembled, the PA system and a little groundskeeping stuff.

The big displayers were a local family who must've brought 20+ tractors (Gerald and Judy for those that were here) But what surprised me just as much was the sheer number of people who brought one or two. also, the distances. Doug from Ohio, Casey from WV, Otto from NY, I didn't catch a name, but there was a gentleman from Arkansas as well. I hope everyone registered.

Thanks for the support and ideas on this you guys. It couldn't have been what it was without this forum either.
  • DougT and wvbuzzmaster have said thanks

#42 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,303 Thanks
  • 28,628 posts

Posted June 18, 2012 - 07:50 AM

Oh, shoot, I forgot. Casey, the flea market guys wanted your address so they could send you And your Dad Christmas cards as a thank you...

:poke:
  • wvbuzzmaster said thank you

#43 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,731 Thanks
  • 4,287 posts

Posted June 18, 2012 - 10:12 AM

I enjoyed the show and meeting up with everyone again. The Sunday morning showers put a damper on the day's festivities but it was still a good time. Had a trouble free trip home and didn't hit rain until the last 20 miles. Thanks goes out to Alan and Steve for all their hard work in making this a good event.
  • MH81 said thank you

#44 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,303 Thanks
  • 28,628 posts

Posted June 18, 2012 - 10:16 AM

Glad to hear you got home OK. Hope Sugar got some sleep on the ride, busy weekend for a pup.

Thanks for coming Doug, I may have to do some seeding where you were set up. All the folks looking at your unique exhibits trampled the grass pretty good :)

#45 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,303 Thanks
  • 28,628 posts

Posted June 18, 2012 - 10:27 AM

OK, Second set of Pics up. Here's one of my favorites.

I Title this one "Pink Slips"

PICT0075 (Large).JPG

It's Steve (L) & Casey ( R) lining up for the Slow Race.

Link to the second set is here: http://gardentractor...how-2012-day-2/
  • powerking56 and wvbuzzmaster have said thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fcvaec