• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 rachel11 OFFLINE  

rachel11
  • Member No: 9996
  • 0 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted June 12, 2012 - 08:05 AM

I have a 2210 Landlord and as I am cutting grass mower slows down. I can see that the throttle is actually going back in on its own. Any ideas?

#2 Kyocum OFFLINE  

Kyocum

• Member No: 6171
  • 280 Thanks
  • 403 posts

Posted June 12, 2012 - 08:46 AM

Sounds like my 125 cub it does the same thing. The throttle lever is worn out on mine, there is a bellvue washer on the throttle shaft that is worn out and does not keep any tension on it anymore. It is a pain in the rear to have to hold on the throttle all the while. I got to the point where I had to use a small bungee to keep it wide open.The old girl is down for repairs anyway so that will get addressed with the rest of the issues.
  • rachel11 said thank you

#3 rachel11 OFFLINE  

rachel11
  • Member No: 9996
  • 0 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted June 12, 2012 - 08:49 AM

kyocum, thanks for the reply. What is a bellvue washer, never heard of it, and where on throttle linkage is it located?

#4 Kyocum OFFLINE  

Kyocum

• 280 Thanks
  • 403 posts

Posted June 12, 2012 - 10:02 AM

Rachel11 a bellvue washer is usually made out of spring steel and have a slight arc to them. They are located on the shaft the throttle/speed control lever is hooked to. I have found it is easier to replace the the mechanism than try to repair it.
  • rachel11 said thank you

#5 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted June 12, 2012 - 10:21 AM

I think the correct term is a Bellville washer. The washer provides a spring function and keeps tension on the throttle assembly to keep it in place. Heres a link to what they look like. http://www.google.ca...iw=1680&bih=836
  • jpackard56 and rachel11 have said thanks

#6 Kyocum OFFLINE  

Kyocum

• 280 Thanks
  • 403 posts

Posted June 12, 2012 - 11:53 AM

OOPS little clerical error.

#7 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted June 12, 2012 - 02:52 PM

Sounds like my 125 cub it does the same thing. The throttle lever is worn out on mine, there is a bellvue washer on the throttle shaft that is worn out and does not keep any tension on it anymore. It is a pain in the rear to have to hold on the throttle all the while. I got to the point where I had to use a small bungee to keep it wide open.The old girl is down for repairs anyway so that will get addressed with the rest of the issues.

Yep, I got the same issue on my 3 point control lever, (never knew the proper name for them dag-um springy washers) Thanks JDBrian, I too was using a bungee to keep lever where I needed it, now it is down for a front axle issue, so that and a rear rim will all be done while it is on a "repair vacation". Amazing how a simple washer can frustrate the the mechanical workings of some components :rolleyes:

#8 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted June 12, 2012 - 03:31 PM

I only know the name of them because I have had to work on pumps that use them to provide tension on valves and other parts. Once those throttle levers are worn out it's hard to get them to work properly again. I have a spring holding the one on my tiller in the WO position to keep it from slowing down.