Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Pictures Of The Mowing Deck For A T70 (or Very Similar)?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 BowDown ONLINE  

BowDown
  • Member No: 10128
  • 200 Thanks
  • 432 posts

Posted June 12, 2012 - 07:44 AM

I am curious how this was setup from the factory. How was the height adjusted? Is it tied into the rear hitch assembly? From what I have gathered online the deck has (2) 45deg idler pulleys that help the transition from horizontal shaft to vertical shaft?

#2 BowDown ONLINE  

BowDown
  • 200 Thanks
  • 432 posts

Posted June 13, 2012 - 07:29 AM

Anyone here think a 42" 3-Blade deck is too much deck for a T70?

#3 Lmiller3358 OFFLINE  

Lmiller3358

• Member No: 5109
  • 1,334 Thanks
  • 1,322 posts

Posted June 13, 2012 - 06:20 PM

Bow, u need pics of the mower deck set up ? I can take some if u want of my T 70 ???

#4 BowDown ONLINE  

BowDown
  • 200 Thanks
  • 432 posts

Posted June 13, 2012 - 06:36 PM

Please do. Most curious of how it connects to the mower physically and mechanically.

#5 Lmiller3358 OFFLINE  

Lmiller3358

• 1,334 Thanks
  • 1,322 posts

Posted June 14, 2012 - 09:01 AM

Hope these help !!!

Attached Thumbnails

• deck 1.jpg
  • deck 2.jpg
  • deck 3.jpg

#6 BowDown ONLINE  

BowDown
  • 200 Thanks
  • 432 posts

Posted June 14, 2012 - 09:10 AM

It does help a bit. I have looked under my T70 and it doesn't have many attachment points. So I was a bit confused how they envisioned a mower deck hanging off and being able to use the rear adjustment lever.

#7 BowDown ONLINE  

BowDown
  • 200 Thanks
  • 432 posts

Posted June 14, 2012 - 09:58 AM

So from what I gather there is a scissor style connection on both sides of the deck to the tube frame. Then there's a lift point near the rear of the deck that attaches to the attachment lift lever by the left rear wheel? Can I see this connection?

For the belt routing there's (2) idler pulleys on the deck that assist in the 90deg belt turn? Must be a tensioner somewhere as well...

How does the deck get activated?

#8 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• Member No: 6338
  • 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted June 14, 2012 - 12:01 PM

There's a couple different kinds of mowers. Does yours have the PTO pulley on the very front of the engine shaft? If you did, then there would be 4 pulley grooves and a rubber disc on the engine shaft.

IF you don't have the 4th pulley, then yours had the older style PTO.

#9 Lmiller3358 OFFLINE  

Lmiller3358

• 1,334 Thanks
  • 1,322 posts

Posted June 14, 2012 - 02:22 PM

Ok, my mower has the 4 pulley system like Cookie was talking about, the deck is supended from the frame using a scissor lift system, with 2 1/2 inch bolts, 1 on each side of the frame towards the front, another cross rod to the rear about half way between the foot rests and the rear tires, that is what the hieght adjust lever is attached to, they use a rod that runs from that, kind of works on a fulcrum I guess....The belt of the engine runs through those idler pullers to a d,ouble pulley on the deck, there is foot operated trip lever on the right side of the deck to engage or disengage the blades.....

#10 BowDown ONLINE  

BowDown
  • 200 Thanks
  • 432 posts

Posted June 14, 2012 - 02:26 PM

Cool. Thanks for the information. I can defiantly form a mental image of how the stock deck went on. Still am curious of the height adjuster hookup tho. Anyway you could snap a picture of that?

Thanks for all your help.

#11 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted June 14, 2012 - 02:56 PM

Yep, if the 4th pulley on the front is just a solid pulley (the later ones had the old ball-bearing PTO clutches), then it works just as LMiller describes. The height adjuster is just the lift lever. It is notched and whatever notch you pick is how low the deck is.

#12 BowDown ONLINE  

BowDown
  • 200 Thanks
  • 432 posts

Posted June 14, 2012 - 03:37 PM

I will check mine shortly to see what configuration i have. I believe it ends with the rubber wheel and nothing more.

Was just curious where the lift level linkage attaches to the stock deck. Will help in the design of the new scissor lift assembly.

#13 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted June 14, 2012 - 03:44 PM

I will check mine shortly to see what configuration i have. I believe it ends with the rubber wheel and nothing more.

Was just curious where the lift level linkage attaches to the stock deck. Will help in the design of the new scissor lift assembly.

It's just 2 chains down from the lift bracket under the tractor, to 2 adjustable lift points on the top of the deck, just behind the spindles. So, the lift mechanism goes from lift lever to a solid link to a pivoting lift bracket (held by a solid pin between 2 frame holes) to 2 chains, to 2 welded lift points on the deck.

The scissors are completely separate from the lift mechanism, though the rear mount of the scissor shares the same big pin which the lift bracket pivots on. So the big, long pin would go through the frame, through one rear scissor bracket, through the lift bracket, through the other rear scissor bracket, then through the other side of the frame. It's just a piece of 1/2 inch solid bar you can get anywhere.

The front mount of the scissor goes to another frame hole up ahead of the engine mount. Though it uses 2 shorter 1/2 inch pins instead of one long one.

#14 Lmiller3358 OFFLINE  

Lmiller3358

• 1,334 Thanks
  • 1,322 posts

Posted June 14, 2012 - 04:24 PM

Kind of hard to snap a pic of it to, If your machine still has a rachething lever to the left of the seat, thats your height adjuster, there would be a rod of that connect to the back of the seat, then back to the mower deck lift crossrod....

#15 BowDown ONLINE  

BowDown
  • 200 Thanks
  • 432 posts

Posted June 14, 2012 - 04:38 PM

Hmm. I will take some pics if what is on my tractor. Would this rod and adjustable chains be part of the deck or should it be part of the mower?