Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Big Scores Ht20 With Loader Plus Backhoe And More!

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted June 12, 2012 - 03:51 PM

Some nice stuff there for sure. I really like the HT20 with everything. Congratulations.

#32 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,205 Thanks
  • 5,216 posts

Posted June 12, 2012 - 08:13 PM

Thanks guys, I had it out playing a little tonight.

#33 C130A Flight Engineer OFFLINE  

C130A Flight Engineer

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 3333
  • 175 Thanks
  • 146 posts

Posted June 15, 2012 - 10:52 AM

Now that is scary, it could have ended much worse. Tractors and their accessories are tools. Any tool when not properly used becomes dangerous. A loader high in the air raises the center of gravity and turning on a hill is asking for trouble. Obviously this operator didn't keep his act together and keep his mind on his work. Good operator procedure is to never turn on a hill more than a few degrees and never get too close to the edge of a bank as the bank can give way and you will slide down to the bottom.

I have about 100 hours operating a D9H Cat Bulldozer I bought a few years ago. I worked slowly at first to understand the reaction of the ground with the machine. I always back straight on anything other than a very slight slope and always avoid turns on anything more than about 5 degrees of slope. I once saw a D8 Cat that was working under a new highway bridge abbutment on its side because the operator, experienced and trained tried to turn and over she went.

Be careful out there folks, we have a great hobby, but it is possible as with anything to get hurt doing it. Thanks Ole Cowhand for posting that video link and thanks to the Youtube poster who put it there. A great lesson learned!

That backhoe is super! I have a towable backhoe, but would love a combo package such as yours!
Just be careful & don't do as in the following video. John, from another forum, posted this as a warning for others. He was a newbie to loaders & used without brakes & left the bucket high. He's alright luckily, just a bruised ego. I thank him for posting video for others!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gY8rF18GBk&feature=plcp

• Newpaws493 said thank you

#34 bolex OFFLINE  

bolex
  • Member No: 9864
  • 123 Thanks
  • 313 posts

Posted June 18, 2012 - 06:26 PM

been try'n to find one of those style ridamatics for a couple years know but i just keep coming up with speedex's , I guess i will just have to be happy with my early production H16 :thumbs: :D