#1 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted June 11, 2012 - 03:14 PM

Today I sold my MF 1655 Its funny how we get attached to our tractors so ,It's kinda sad for me to let it go but at the same time its also kinda exciting. I have a MF gc2300 that has taken over most of what I was using the MF 1655 for so it wasn't to hard letting it go .The new owner drove a 6 hr drive one way to come take a look at it .He paid me for the tractor and will be comming to pick it up in a week or two.So its still sitting here in my shed and maybe thats why I don't feel to bad because it doesn't seem like its gone.Not sure what I'll feel like when it gets loaded up and leave's the yard.Anyway now the fun begins as I can start looking for another newer bigger replacement.

#2 Wheel Horse Kid OFFLINE  

Wheel Horse Kid

Certified Wheel Horse Nut

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 10019
  • 213 Thanks
  • 817 posts

Posted June 11, 2012 - 03:16 PM

I would say that if the guy drove 6 hrs one way just to look at, it is going to go to a good home! At least you will be able to get another tractor to replace it! :bounce:

#3 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted June 11, 2012 - 03:35 PM

Larry, I hate to sell any of mine also, I know what you mean about letting them go. I have the hardest time selling any of mine..

#4 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted June 11, 2012 - 03:43 PM

Like Taylor said. The new owner will appreciate the tractor and put it to use. Think of it as passing the GT torch to a new owner. You can always pick up another tractor, maybe a model that you've always wanted to own. That should help ease the pain.

#5 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted June 11, 2012 - 03:52 PM

Odd. If I drove 6 hours to look at a tractor, I'd bring a vehicle to carry it home if I wanted it. No way am I going to make a second trip. The last tractor I bought, I primarily went because the gentleman was selling a parts MF10 that I wanted the transmission from. But I made sure to take enough money to buy the nice MF12 hydro he had just in case I wanted it. And I had a trailer large enough to fit it all, not just enough room for a transmission.

Larry, congrats on the sale though. I think anyone who is commiting that much time and money will give your tractor a great home.

#6 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,605 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted June 11, 2012 - 04:36 PM

Larry, I bet you may have a tear welling up when that Massey takes down your drive in the guy's trailer! I won't say it wouldn't happen with me in that situation.
  • massey driver said thank you

#7 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted June 11, 2012 - 05:20 PM

Larry, I bet you may have a tear welling up when that Massey takes down your drive in the guy's trailer! I won't say it wouldn't happen with me in that situation.

You can be sure that its going to happen.Thanks to everyone for the kind words.Larry

#8 tinner OFFLINE  

tinner

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 961
  • 502 Thanks
  • 1,561 posts

Posted June 11, 2012 - 05:37 PM

1655'S are nice tractors and if he drives that far twice and paid what you wanted you can rest assured he'll take care of it. I'm like Howard, I always make sure I can carry something just in case.

#9 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,607 posts

Posted June 11, 2012 - 06:27 PM

It's going to go to a good home, that's for sure.

I can see the departure in my minds eye... Larry running down the road after the guy waving the cash in his hand... Yelling wait, wait, I changed my mind...

#10 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted June 11, 2012 - 06:58 PM

I have not had to part with any tractors yet. I am not looking forward to the day that I have to either. If the guy drove that far just to look at it he sounds like a good owner. He also sounds like a tractor addict, maybe a good candidate for the site!

#11 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted June 11, 2012 - 08:14 PM

. If the guy drove that far just to look at it he sounds like a good owner.

He's a young guy and came with his family.I can honestly say that when I opened the shed door and he looked at the tractor his eyes just lit up and a big smile spread across his face.So I know the tractor is going to a good home.You kinda get a feel of how a person reacts and talks with excitement after he see's and drive's it around .I'am pretty sure it's going to a good home. Larry