• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Titus OFFLINE  

Bush Hog Hoarder

• Member No: 4216
  • 1,696 Thanks
  • 2,219 posts

Posted June 10, 2012 - 02:03 PM

I had someone contact me last night saying they had a D4-10 for sale, and it has the Tecumseh HH100 engine in it. I did not know they installed those engines in the D4-10 until I did some searching on here.

Sadly he wants $900 for it not running and plans on repainting it and asking more for it :(

But with this comes an idea, is it possible to put one of these HH100s in a D4-7? I've never seen one in person, so I don't know if the bolt patterns will match up. I assume they would since it came from the factory that way, so it should.

The key hole diameter is what has me thinking. The 7 is wider than the 10 ( I believe) can anyone confirm this?

Is this something I can just pop in and go or will it require some modifications?

I would love to see some in depth photos of an HH100 on a tractor so I can continue to rebuild mine. I miss my 7 and it hurts to see it in parts being held up by this engine issue. I simply can't find one to put into it.

Thank you guys!

#2 olcowhand ONLINE  

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,245 Thanks
  • 29,699 posts

Posted June 10, 2012 - 02:11 PM

Even if the mount pattern is different, that would just mean drilling some holes. But the crankshaft must be the same diameter, length, AND have a pilot hole machined & fitted with a bushing in the end of the crankshaft for the clutch main shaft to fit into. Also, the crank will not have the extension on the flywheel side for the PTO clutch to mount to. I think we've been over this before, but maybe it was another member? My memory doesn't always cooperate with me.