MF12 no fire.???

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 betterthanideserve OFFLINE  

• Member No: 656
  • 0 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted July 04, 2010 - 05:12 PM

I have a MF12 it will not get any spark?Checked all that i know swapped parts of my MF10. Haven't got got to the stator yet dont know what to check on it nearest i can tell all parts i swapped didnt help.Something easy????If stator where do i get one any help would be nice.Thank you Massey Friends.:wallbanging::wallbanging:

#2 poncho62 ONLINE  

• Member No: 42
  • 619 Thanks
  • 1,212 posts

Posted July 04, 2010 - 05:57 PM

Is it a solid state ignition?

My MF10 the other day was cranking slowly, guess the battery was a bit low........it wouldnt start, like it had no spark.....As soon as I boosted it, it fired right up.....Its like the SSI needs a certain voltage to fire.....Once I charged the battery up, its been good....Not saying thats your problem, just thought it was worth menuioning

#3 happy2bme OFFLINE  

• Member No: 801
  • 0 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted July 10, 2010 - 03:00 PM

hi everyone in Massey land i have an MF12 was running great i was using it to rack my pasture one day here in California it is kinda hot but it was evening, anyway it started to make like a popping noise so shut her down but when i went out later to bring it in it would not start. So i checked the gas no gas so put some in still no start well as much as i hate to say this it did not come with a key so i was using a screw driver now i have a new switch and key but i want to make sure i put the right wire to the right place on the switch i did down load the wiring diagram that you posted thanks. even though i have a new switch it may not start since it would not before i will be back to ask some questions thanks