• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 twostacks OFFLINE  

twostacks

• Member No: 6470
  • 447 Thanks
  • 426 posts

Posted June 09, 2012 - 07:36 AM

Does anyone have measurments for the lift straps on a Quietline Cub Cadet for the sleeve hitch? Mine are missing and I want to make up new ones. All I need is the center to center on the holes at either end of the strap and I can take it from there. I want to make them non-floating. Thanks in advance. Gary

#2 Kyocum OFFLINE  

Kyocum

• Member No: 6171
  • 280 Thanks
  • 403 posts

Posted June 09, 2012 - 09:48 AM

twostacks I per say do not have a quietline machine but have narrow frames and 82 series and I am pretty sure the straps all are the same length. I just measured both sets and I come up with 10 1/2" center to center.
  • twostacks said thank you

#3 twostacks OFFLINE  

twostacks

• 447 Thanks
  • 426 posts

Posted June 09, 2012 - 10:38 AM

Thanks Kyocum, that's what I need to know. I did some rough measuring and then figured I'd just better get the correct length to start with. Thanks again. Gary
  • Kyocum said thank you

#4 Kyocum OFFLINE  

Kyocum

• Member No: 6171
  • 280 Thanks
  • 403 posts

Posted June 09, 2012 - 11:20 AM

Gary those straps are relatively easy to make so I think I would make 2 sets. One with the provision to float and the other with down pressure. I found out if your plow is in good working order with a good share on it there is really no need for down pressure it will pull itself down to the correct plowing depth.
  • twostacks said thank you

#5 twostacks OFFLINE  

twostacks

• 447 Thanks
  • 426 posts

Posted June 10, 2012 - 03:08 PM

Kyocum, I thought I would use the float button on the lift handle when I need the plow to float, or do you think that won't work as well? I had the plow setup nearly perfect on my MTD and I had made floating straps for that. I think the share is good because it worked so well before.