sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted June 22, 2012 - 04:49 PM

Thanks York0060.....have viewed your restoration pictures many times. Nice job!

Rear tires on the HD-12 are 15" versus 12" tires on the other models.

I added another front shot to my previous comparison picture post on this page - it is a couple of post up.

Of course Goodnews (Bob) came by and I made an attempt to get it started with no luck.....I have had to keep the gas turned off since the adjustable jet washer is letting gas get by.......so it would not start.....came back this evening......turned the key......about 6 rotations and it fired up! Naturally no one around to prove it! :laughingteeth:

Anyone with these Wisconsin motors with Zenith carbs using the adjustable main jets.......what are you doing to replace these washers on the jet?? All of mine with these adjustable jets need to be replaced.....

#62 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,648 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted June 22, 2012 - 06:11 PM

You speaking of the little metal washer? I'm still using the originals on all mine, but you likely could find a copper washer that would work. I buy them in assortment packs from Harbor Freight. I'll have to look to see if one is the correct size. With copper washers, once they get compressed so hard that they won't seal, you heat them red hot with a propane torch & it softens them. Let them cool on their own, then use. They will be softer to compress into low areas.
  • Texas Deere and Horse and KennyP have said thanks

#63 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,648 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted June 22, 2012 - 06:48 PM

If I remember right, are the stock washers aluminum?

#64 sacsr ONLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted June 22, 2012 - 06:55 PM

Daniel it is the rubber/felt piece that fits on the adjustable jet.....when you screw it in to adjust it...this rubber piece keeps the gas from getting around the thread area.....the part it goes on is at the bottom of the picture....

Attached Thumbnails

• s7d.JPG

Edited by sacsr, June 22, 2012 - 06:57 PM.

#65 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,648 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted June 22, 2012 - 07:12 PM

Oh, I just use o-rings on those. You can also wrap thread around in a pinch. Anything that can form a packing will work. I was thinking of other makes of carbs. With o-rings, you can't tighten too tight or it will crush & cut the o-ring. I have had to use 2 o-rings of different sizes to get them to seal sometimes.
  • sacsr said thank you

#66 sacsr ONLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted June 26, 2012 - 06:39 AM

Just an update.....thanks to Olcowhand I no longer have a leaking issue with the main jet! Glad to have Daniel around! I purchased a couple of sized o-rings....in this case- I only needed one o-ring to stop the leaking. This was on a zenith carb on the Wisconsin S12D.

Also big thanks to "new restorer" , he graciously offered me a free tank to replace the shot one on the HD-12...same ht and width just a little longer but should work fine in the space! Thanks Don!!

Attached Thumbnails

• photo.JPG

Edited by sacsr, June 28, 2012 - 08:06 AM.

• drbish said thank you

#67 sacsr ONLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted August 29, 2012 - 10:03 PM

Finally found the 12 x 12 6 bolt hole rims today!! Came off a JD 1209 mower.....implement tires.....will put the tires up for sale....I just wanted the rims! $100 for the two. Now got to find those Goodyear 26 x 12 x 12 ags that were made 30 or so years ago.....anybody that has them for sale let me know. thanks

Attached Thumbnails

• 5I75La5Kb3G63K63N2c7m887e29578c491174.jpg

#68 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• Member No: 4216
  • 1,736 Thanks
  • 2,250 posts

Posted October 15, 2012 - 08:40 AM

This will be coming your way shortly!

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_0626.JPG
  • DSC_0627.JPG

• olcowhand and sacsr have said thanks

#69 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,648 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted October 15, 2012 - 08:52 AM

Finally found the 12 x 12 6 bolt hole rims today!! Came off a JD 1209 mower.....implement tires.....will put the tires up for sale....I just wanted the rims! $100 for the two. Now got to find those Goodyear 26 x 12 x 12 ags that were made 30 or so years ago.....anybody that has them for sale let me know. thanks

Scott, I have as pair of those original Goodyears that came off a Bush Hog tractor. Likely have to tube them, but they "were" holding air before I took them off the rims. Likely never seal again though, so tubes likely a must.
  • sacsr said thank you

#70 sacsr ONLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted October 28, 2012 - 11:00 AM

This will be coming your way shortly!

How did I miss this post?

Thanks!

#71 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• Member No: 4216
  • 1,736 Thanks
  • 2,250 posts

Posted October 28, 2012 - 12:42 PM

How did I miss the box sitting in my shipping room? Dunno, but once this hurricane is gone, this will ship out. You're very welcome!
  • sacsr said thank you

#72 sacsr ONLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted December 03, 2012 - 04:49 PM

Well I got these coming to me this week.......wish I was going to be around to put them on the HD12 when they get here. But my plate is full all weekend and most of next week!

With the 12" JD rims I have and these tires,it is going to look good!!!

Was pleased with the find. Just hope they are good as they look in the pictures!!

I was pleased with the pricing......they were delivered to my door for $385. that is around $97 a tire and rim.

I had watched three sets on ebay go for $185, $195, and $250......plus shipping.

I will sell or trade the rims and keep these tires.....anybody got an idea what these rims would be worth?? Love to trade them for some cub cadet rear wheel weights. The tires are 26 x 12 x 12.....so figure the rims are at least 12 " x 10" with 4 lugs.

Attached Thumbnails

• goodyeartires.jpg
  • 3J93Na3Hf5N45Ie5K8cb5697dd8c36b9513fb.jpg

Edited by sacsr, December 03, 2012 - 06:10 PM.

#73 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,300 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted December 03, 2012 - 06:44 PM

Wouldn't that 4 hole pattern work for the front hubs? :rolling:

Nice looking tires, cant wait to see them on.
  • sacsr said thank you

#74 sacsr ONLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted April 17, 2013 - 08:14 PM

Well I have found a tank that matches the original exactly. It is off a huge old Wisconsin I found locally. I have no idea what the size of the motor is. Right now it is strapped in the back of my truck. The last picture shows the old tank on the floor. This tank was approx 13" x 9" x 5"   the JB tank was approx 15" x 9"  x 5"...the 15" put it close to the side frame and I was worried about rubbing.......I still want the JB tank, since I am still looking for one to purchase....and you never know, it may need a good tank.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg

Edited by sacsr, April 17, 2013 - 09:21 PM.

• olcowhand said thank you

#75 sacsr ONLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted June 01, 2013 - 11:38 AM

Have twp projects I am doing to the HD-12 this weekend. It has always leaked from around the transaxle shifter shaft. I am replacing both these seals today. This should stop the leaking.
image.jpg

I also decided to replace the bushings on the front axle and spindles. . In taking them off, I found one spindle was worn down, so I decided to replace them. I was lucky to have had NOS spindles in the parts I bought from Jack. They are listed for a JB II but they look to be a good replacement. The arms are a little shorter but the rest looks to be the same.
image.jpg image.jpg

Also in Jack's parts were 2 bushings for the spindles and 1 bushing for the front axle pivot. Thanks Jack! Your parts are keeping my Bush Hogs together!

Edited by sacsr, June 01, 2013 - 11:41 AM.