#1 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted June 07, 2012 - 08:24 PM

Looking at epay and several types or similar hitches for WH listed. Most look like U-shaped part that rests against rear case and pins on. Some are angled, which I don't need, and some have two spacers with them, which looks like I may need, as casting is narrow on mine. Saw one that looks like it was movable when hooked to lift lever, but may have been homemade or modified? Didn't see any of those cast ones that move like I was shown before. NONE of them listed B-80, couple did say Bor C models, so figure they must be same. What should I buy? Would at least like to have for drawbar, lift part is not as important. Anyone have a B-80 or similar they could post a pix of with one on it? Prices are all over, what should a guy spend for such a beast?

#2 bowtiebutler956 OFFLINE  

bowtiebutler956
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10021
  • 659 Thanks
  • 796 posts

Posted June 07, 2012 - 09:20 PM

Here is a couple pics of mine, its the original. :thumbs: Sorry the pics aren't great, but its pitch black out right now, and I was depending completely on the flash.

Matt

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC06292.JPG
  • DSC06289.JPG

• MH81 and chris m have said thanks

#3 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,299 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted June 07, 2012 - 09:43 PM

Here are pics of the 2 different lift units also available.
Slot Hitch.jpg

Posted Image
You see a lot of them with "drawbars" rigged in, but the one that Matt posted above is the only one that can't pivot up when a load is pushing you downhill.

You'll notice that the second pic has the drawbar in behind it. That would be the most flexible solution where you could use the drawbar and attachments without adding or removing anything on the tractor.
  • chris m said thank you

#4 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted June 08, 2012 - 09:34 PM

All three of the above are called "hitches", but the one that Matt showed is the one that came with your tractor. The design was the same from the late '60's until they rolled the last one off of the assembly line in 2006. It is the basic draw bar that you'd use to pull a trailer with. The spacers are a necessity to keep both of the upright pieces resting against the casting of the transaxle. They were designed at that width to allow them to be used in conjunction with the clevis hitch which I'll get to in a moment. The first pic in Alan's post is called a slot hitch and was an option for the B-80. I wouldn't recommend "purchasing" a slot hitch for it as the implements are hard to find although adapters can be fabbed up pretty easily. The second one in Alan's post is called a Clevis hitch (Wheel Horse's version of the sleeve hitch) and was also an option for the B-80. It is the most versatile of the lifting hitches and will work with most all factory and aftermarket sleeve hitch attachments.
  • MH81 said thank you

#5 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted June 09, 2012 - 06:38 AM

So anybody have one of those clevis hitch set-ups to sell? Hard to find? Even the standard hitch to start would be good. Guess I can get one off epay, they had several.

#6 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted June 14, 2012 - 05:43 PM

Bought the epay hitch, the same as Bow Tie's above. The sleeve hitch kind was on there too, but big bucks! I figured they would be.
  • MH81 said thank you

#7 bowtiebutler956 OFFLINE  

bowtiebutler956
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10021
  • 659 Thanks
  • 796 posts

Posted June 14, 2012 - 07:27 PM

Glad to here you got a hitch for it. :thumbs:

Matt

#8 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,299 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted June 18, 2012 - 09:15 AM

Once installed, there is the mandatory "in use" picture. ;)

Glad you got what you needed.