I removed the plate the PO had put on there to mount an engine and fabricated a 3-PT for it. Then I had to put a brace in to make it solid so it would not pivot.
Next I fabricated new rails and a plate for the engine to mount on.
Next, I installed the new pulley. After talking to several people here I used an online calculator to get the right size to turn the tiller tines at approximately 200 rpm. I had purchased a Kohler 8HP Magnum on Ebay for $86 including shipping (got lucky). It has electric or pull rope start. I'm going to rig it up to start from the tractor battery as soon as I get some connectors.
Then I built this little bracket and mounted a belt tension idler pulley from a '98 Chevy pickup.
Edited by tinner, June 04, 2012 - 12:56 PM.