poncho62
  • Member No: 42
  • 631 Thanks
  • 1,219 posts

Posted June 02, 2012 - 05:37 PM

Picked up this snowblower today....Ford Model 9895

Posted Image

Posted Image

It came with the mount for under the tractor, driveshaft and the 90 degree gearbox for the front of an LGT....not sure if everything is there, the seller thought it was, but I am not sure. My plan is to try and mount it on the rear of my LGT125 and drive it with the tiller PTO shaft. I figure I will have to reverse the rotation somehow. Any thoughts on this? Will get some better pics as I go along.

Edited by poncho62, June 02, 2012 - 05:38 PM.

#2 shorty OFFLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,526 Thanks
  • 3,917 posts

Posted June 02, 2012 - 07:33 PM

Nice find. This sounds like a good interesting project coming on. Keep us posted when you start building.

#3 brahlf OFFLINE  

brahlf
  • Member No: 9019
  • 11 Thanks
  • 24 posts

Posted June 02, 2012 - 07:39 PM

Looks like the one I have for my LGT 165. Haven't used it in years but when I did it worked just fine. I would throw 2 feet of fresh fallen snow 30 feet. just don't get stuck with all that weight on the front. Even with wheel weights and chains. If you need any pictures let me know.
  • poncho62 said thank you

#4 poncho62 OFFLINE  

poncho62
  • Member No: 42
  • 631 Thanks
  • 1,219 posts

Posted June 02, 2012 - 08:10 PM

Thanks...If you have pics could you post them up here....I have a Ford manual with an exploded veiw, but pics are always easier to understand....I agree, its a lot of weight, thus the idea to put it on the rear....with a blade up front