• 5,159 posts

Posted October 07, 2012 - 04:29 PM

Wont be long now! It looks good!

#47 Closha63 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 3203
  • 4 Thanks
  • 47 posts

Posted October 07, 2012 - 06:01 PM

well For the rear seals I could not find anything within a resonable price. I am a first time home buyer and trying to maintain everything and have this build is hard. Now I did do a little research and a little brain picking from my past. I remembered that I used to apply a bead of Toyota Orange RTV to the inside of the seal where the spring is and also use a hammer with a socket the size of the seal to push the seal in a couple mm inward to create a new seal surface... Anyway I do have a question for all those Kohler guys out there. My 14HP has a couple problems.. It does start and idle fine but when throttle up it seems like it has a flat spot like 1/4-1/2 throttle like i just turned the ignition off. Now if I throttle to full it will sputter then run. It will hunt idle for 2-5 sec. then smooth out. I do not have an air cleaner on it yet.. For infor. Full gas tank/ new fuel line/ did rebuild carb after acid tank dip/ all venturies (spelling) cleaned/ low and high needles are not bent or damaged/ does sound like exhuast valve needs adjustment...... Please help me figure this problem. I have to use this thing in two weeks and on the 14th I have a Antique car / Tractor show I would like to take it too......