Garden Tractor Forums banner

Two New Jakes For Me

3K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  Cvans 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Car
Thought I might post a pic of two new jakes I picked up today. The front one is a 83 1650 and the one behind it is a 73 (I think) gt 14 hydro. The owner said they can run so what the heck I brought them home. $200.00 for both of them so I thought I did ok. Now if it would only stop raining..........

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
Nice score on a couple of very capable tractors. Can't believe you got them both for $200. Wow! I hope there isn't too many issues with them. Best of Luck!

Reactions: Buck
#12 ·
Very nice. That front machine is the best looking Jac from that era that I've seen. The paint is usually badly faded if they have been left out in the sun much! A very good deal!

#14 ·
Thanks for the nice comments! Now only if my wife would get on the same page.....ha! Anyway, got the newer 1650 fired up today. It would not start so I poked around to see what was wrong and found that the carb was really loose. The OR said it was running funny. I got the carb tightened up and and it fired right up. Now it runs but a little rough and it sounds like the rpms want to run away. Any Ideas? I did not dare to crank the throttle all the way up because it just sounds like the rpms would be way to high. Drives really nice, steering nice and tight, comfy seat and hydro tranny works good. just have to figure out the rpm thing and hopefully it will cure the roughness and stalling.

#16 ·
Russ, I was thinking of getting a new gasket kit for it this week so I can eliminate that part of it. It was sitting for awhile so I was going to start with that, put some fresh gas in it, add a fuel filter, (has none now) get a new air filter and clean the carb bowl. Maybe shoot some carb cleaner in it while I change the gasket. Hopefully with this I can eliminate the fuel/air part of my problems.

#18 ·
Glad you got it to run. Hope you get it to smooth out. Maybe a governor adjustment is in order?

#20 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.