• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sknap83 OFFLINE  

sknap83

• Member No: 5244
  • 3 Thanks
  • 41 posts

Posted June 02, 2012 - 12:09 PM

Well on this 300 that I recently purchased I got it going and it runs great. I checked the drive shaft to the rear end and every thing was solid. I did not check the flange on the rear pto. The hydro stat takes a nap when you first fire it up but about 40 seconds after you run it it moves fine. I have another hydrostat here for it. But it was leaking oil. I pulled the fender deck off it and removed the the cover for the hydro fan I figured out were the oil was dumping from. The 2 bolt flange for the rear pto is wollered out. Has any one attempted to fix this problem? Is that flange still available thru deere. I am sure that I am not going to find one used with out the rear pto and paying a mint for it. I was wondering if I can take a prick punch to it to tighten it up. Or even maybe welding up the flange even though its cast then cleaning out the hole again. I will look on jd parts but I am figuring the part is no longer available. Any advice would be great. Thanks

#2 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted June 02, 2012 - 12:57 PM

Why don't you post some pictures of the worn out part. Someone may be able to suggest a home brew fix for it. Those are quite rare so it may be difficult to find one. Check with our site sponsors to see if they can help. JDParts would indicate if the parts are still available. I think you need to be registered to get that information online. You can also call a dealer with the part no's to get availability.