Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Welcome to Garden Tractor Talk Forums

GTtalk is the place to go if you are a garden tractor collector or someone looking for information on your favorite tractor. We have interactive forums, registry, tractor / implement manuals, photo galleries, articles, show coverage, tech tips and how tos, classifieds and much more.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which provides limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate with other members, vote on polls, upload images and attachments as well as many other special features. Registration is quick and easy and best of all completely free!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Photo
- - - - -

1250 Cub Cadet Motor Mounts

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 twostacks OFFLINE  

twostacks

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6470
  • 134 Thanks
  • 186 posts

Posted May 31, 2012 - 09:46 AM

I've decided to tear into my parents 1250 Cub. The motor has a bad shake, which seems to be typical of these when they get some age to them. I have the new mounts on order, I'm doing the weld in brace from rail to rail, and I'm putting a new driveshaft in along with some other stuff. My question is, my motor rails are worn were the motor bolts to them. The bolts weren't real tight, actually one of them was almost out. Will this wear on the rails affect the way the driveshaft lines up with the motor, or will the rag joints on the shaft make up for it? It's visably worn but I don't know if I need to worry about it. I'll bet you all would like pictures!!

#2 bgkid2966 OFFLINE  

bgkid2966

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8254
  • 963 Thanks
  • 1,079 posts

Posted May 31, 2012 - 10:03 AM

Does the 1250 have mounts or is the engine bolted directly to the frame? Did you check the rag joint and the front drive shaft hub? I am not sure about the exact set up on your GT. The rag joint can take up a very small amount of misalignment.

We want pics!! :laughingteeth:

Geno
  • twostacks said thank you

#3 Cvans OFFLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 1,833 Thanks
  • 3,123 posts

Posted May 31, 2012 - 01:50 PM

Unfortunately the 1250 has the rubber mounts. As far as the holes go, yes they can affect the way the engine lines up. You can drill the holes out and weld bushings in to return them to their original dimensions or replace the the worn parts. The rag couplers will take a small amount of misalignment.
Good luck.

#4 twostacks OFFLINE  

twostacks

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 134 Thanks
  • 186 posts

Posted May 31, 2012 - 02:36 PM

Does the 1250 have mounts or is the engine bolted directly to the frame? Did you check the rag joint and the front drive shaft hub? I am not sure about the exact set up on your GT. The rag joint can take up a very small amount of misalignment.

We want pics!! :laughingteeth:

Geno

I'll see what i can do with pictures.The motor doesn't botl directly to the frame it uses rubber mounts. I got new rag joints and everything so I'll have to see how it looks once it's all together.

#5 twostacks OFFLINE  

twostacks

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 134 Thanks
  • 186 posts

Posted May 31, 2012 - 02:47 PM

Unfortunately the 1250 has the rubber mounts. As far as the holes go, yes they can affect the way the engine lines up. You can drill the holes out and weld bushings in to return them to their original dimensions or replace the the worn parts. The rag couplers will take a small amount of misalignment.
Good luck.

I believe the holes are ok. The rails are worn down were the motor sits and is supposed to bolt down tight. Mine wasn't bolted tight anymore and rubbed the rails until they wore a little. I think I'll put it together after my other repairs and see what it looks like.

#6 Cvans OFFLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 1,833 Thanks
  • 3,123 posts

Posted May 31, 2012 - 08:26 PM

If you have the ability it might be a good idea to build up the worn areas and grind them flat. What does the bottom of the engine look like? Does it still set flat on a flat surface?

#7 twostacks OFFLINE  

twostacks

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 134 Thanks
  • 186 posts

Posted June 04, 2012 - 03:00 PM

If you have the ability it might be a good idea to build up the worn areas and grind them flat. What does the bottom of the engine look like? Does it still set flat on a flat surface?

I went to bolt it onto the motor rails to see how flat it sat and to weld up a piece of flat stock from rail to rail to strengthen things up a bit. I found one of the bolt hole stripped out. I think this is were all of my issues started. I ended up getting a cast iron pan from Patton Acres to replace it. Should be good to go with the new pan.

#8 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 3438
  • 680 Thanks
  • 912 posts

Posted June 04, 2012 - 10:49 PM

I went to bolt it onto the motor rails to see how flat it sat and to weld up a piece of flat stock from rail to rail to strengthen things up a bit. I found one of the bolt hole stripped out. I think this is were all of my issues started. I ended up getting a cast iron pan from Patton Acres to replace it. Should be good to go with the new pan.

I was curious if it had the Aluminum pan in it or not. You will NOT be sorry you put in a cast pan Gary.