• Member No: 802
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,607 posts

Posted June 05, 2012 - 04:49 PM

Really like those pics, Kenny!
  • KennyP said thank you

#77 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,700 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted June 05, 2012 - 06:06 PM

Bill, I'll see what I can do. I'm trying to picture in my mind your challenge. I think it can be done, but you would have to get off to do it.

Thanks Kenny. I have to get the dump cart put back together before I start with this. But what I'm thinking is to mount my winch at the base of the bracket I now have and run the cable up and over a pulley like you have done. Then I can connect it to either the sleeve hitch or a connection I will put on the dump bed. I would just make the connections when I hook up the cart. At least in my minds eye it should work but once I get the cart back together and hook it to the tractor my dimensions may be off.

I know I would have to make my mast higher and I need to mount a pulley on the top like you did. I will also need to use some kind of spring to pull the bed back down. I also will have to figure out something to do with the tail gate. Your design will not work on my cart. I'll have to play around with the idea for a while. Thanks

#78 tinner OFFLINE  

tinner

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 961
  • 502 Thanks
  • 1,561 posts

Posted June 05, 2012 - 09:59 PM

Tractor and trailer really look good together Kenny. Now for some "Honeydo" projects so you can use that puppy.

#79 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,415 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted June 06, 2012 - 01:09 AM

Bill, good luck with what you are trying to do!
Ronnie, I guess I could reload the pile of dirt, take it for a couple laps around the yard, and dump it again! :bigrofl:

#80 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted June 06, 2012 - 06:06 AM

Looks great Kenny. I would like a red one. :smilewink:
  • tinner and KennyP have said thanks

#81 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,415 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted June 06, 2012 - 06:16 AM

Will, I'm afraid shipping would be enormus! But if you're willing to pay, I'll see what I can do! LOL
  • IamSherwood said thank you

#82 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted June 06, 2012 - 08:08 AM

The two threads on this build have been awesome, great mod job with lots of contributions along the way.
Thanks Kenny and guys who chipped in!!! :thumbs: The results speak for themselves..

Edited by Newpaws493, June 06, 2012 - 08:10 AM.

• KennyP said thank you

#83 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted June 20, 2012 - 10:12 AM

couple of observations... and questions:

first of all, great looking set up. It looks like it works great and also looks like it could hold quite a bit of weight. Love the matching colors and thank you for not using the flames! :thumbs:

second, I saw the video of the gate latch working but how does it do real world? what I mean is are you happy with it? Did you add any limiting chains for the gate?

last, my kubota does not put out the juice to run a winch... what do you think about mounting a small car battery underneath the bed back toward the axle. it would be good for quite a bit of winching per charge and you could always just wire in a battery tender for when you're not using the trailer. With the onboard power supply you could also then just ground the frame, user a couple of relays and run two smaller wires up the tongue to a small automotive trailer style plug… wire in a SPDT switch on the dash… possibilities are endless!

Edited by twostep, June 20, 2012 - 10:14 AM.

• KennyP said thank you

#84 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted June 20, 2012 - 10:23 AM

Does your Kubota have a small battery. Even so it would probably run a winch on an intermittent basis if the battery is healthy and the charging circuit is working properly.
  • twostep said thank you

#85 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,415 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted June 21, 2012 - 06:35 AM

couple of observations... and questions:

first of all, great looking set up. It looks like it works great and also looks like it could hold quite a bit of weight. Love the matching colors and thank you for not using the flames! :thumbs:

second, I saw the video of the gate latch working but how does it do real world? what I mean is are you happy with it? Did you add any limiting chains for the gate?

last, my kubota does not put out the juice to run a winch... what do you think about mounting a small car battery underneath the bed back toward the axle. it would be good for quite a bit of winching per charge and you could always just wire in a battery tender for when you're not using the trailer. With the onboard power supply you could also then just ground the frame, user a couple of relays and run two smaller wires up the tongue to a small automotive trailer style plug… wire in a SPDT switch on the dash… possibilities are endless!

I am very happy with the latch. Works great every time. I haven't added chains as yet, haven't seen the need to spread a load.
On the winch power, I had enough room to use a normal car battery. So I have plenty of power for the winch operation. But I think Brian is correct about a GT battery getting the job done 'if' it is good shape and your charging system is working good.
Thanks! It is quite heavily built, don't think I will bend anything. Raising the mast helped a lot on dumping a full load. Once some other projects are finished, I am going to look into setting the tail gate flat to extend the length for limbs, etc.. This is just a 10 cubic foot box. A bigger one would probably require a 5000# winch.
  • twostep said thank you

#86 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted June 21, 2012 - 12:32 PM

Good call, it would be worth a try before going in depth with the trailer battery. Thanks, I found this thread while researching for a miniature hay wagon that I want to build... four 18x8.5x8 tires off of old junk mowers, steering front's, etc. Anyway, I might incorporate your dump design into it. Thanks!

Edited by twostep, June 21, 2012 - 12:32 PM.

#87 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,415 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted June 21, 2012 - 04:40 PM

That's an idea I have been mulling over. Got an old go-kart frame and 16-6.50's on it. Has the right width! Length looks pretty good to! Just needs a bit of finesse to make it work!

#88 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,607 posts

Posted June 23, 2012 - 02:23 AM

Uh oh, I see another build thread coming on...

#89 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,415 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted June 23, 2012 - 05:38 AM

Uh oh, I see another build thread coming on...

Since my yard is small, Alan, I spend lots of time thinking/ piddling. I like to do a lot of 'what if's' on things. That's part of what I was looking for the JD front axle for. It would make a great front axle on a 4-wheel wagon!

#90 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,607 posts

Posted June 23, 2012 - 10:36 AM

I was going to build one for the GT games, but decided the two wheeler would be hard enough to back up.