tinner

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 961
  • 502 Thanks
  • 1,561 posts

Posted June 04, 2012 - 10:24 PM

Blue Oval for me too, it just plain ole says FORD. Good job.

#62 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,419 Thanks
  • 39,668 posts

Posted June 05, 2012 - 04:36 AM

Thanks, guys! I'm not really a 'flame' guy. Just put that up there for the fun of it. I had to go with a 'white' oval, the blue wouldn't show that well.
Lee, it will get used.
Still thinking about adding chains to the tailgate so I can spread dirt/gravel if I needed to. She is a heavy bear. Don't think I'll ever bend/warp anything on it, other than the bed itself.
Seems to dump much easier since I raised the mast. Just have to watch loading in 'wet' material, lot more weight with that! The latch mechanism really turned out much simpler than I was looking at. I trimmed the tabs I had marked earlier so it would unlatch sooner. That will be a good help when I add the chains and want to spread sand/ fine gravel. All things considered, it will do what ever I want with it.

#63 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted June 05, 2012 - 05:41 AM

Nice Kenny. With chains on there, that would be awesome for spreading gravel on walkways.
That's a real slick latch setup.

Now you've got to get one of those rollup tarp setups on there, so nobody can see what you've
got in there, as you drive down the road, with another load from someone elses garden. LOL
  • KennyP and Toolpartzman have said thanks

#64 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,449 Thanks
  • 6,616 posts

Posted June 05, 2012 - 06:03 AM

Kenny , your tailgate looks GREAT!! . If I would do something like that do you think it would be hard to make the lower latch stayed closed if needed and the top swing down with chains holding it either level so I could load thinks right into the bed ?
  • KennyP said thank you

#65 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,419 Thanks
  • 39,668 posts

Posted June 05, 2012 - 06:11 AM

I'll see what I can do on the tarp, Will! Don't need things blowing out in traffic! :laughingteeth: :thumbs: Think I need one of those "Stay Back 200 Feet " decals? :bounce:
Al, hadn't thought of that one. Possibily by putting the pins on the tailgate at the right place, that could work. I just stuck these on, hadn't thought of it laying flat to extend the trailer, like a pickup tailgate. Right now, I lift the bed a bit, remove 2 bolts and the tailgate is off for longer things (limbs, etc.). Hmmmmmmmmmm? :confuse: Got me thinking again, Al! This could be dangerous! :smilewink:

#66 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,449 Thanks
  • 6,616 posts

Posted June 05, 2012 - 07:33 AM

Kenny I wasn't thinking but as long as the bed wasn't raised the lower hinge would be locked in and the top could be lowered for those long items or loading . Al

#67 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,419 Thanks
  • 39,668 posts

Posted June 05, 2012 - 07:51 AM

I think that pin is too high up from the bottom of the tailgate to allow that, Al. But, another could be added! :laughingteeth: I'm not sure if the lock mechanism would keep it up there, though! But, if I add the chains at the bottom, they would hold it up. Some longer chains to the top of the tailgate and I have an extension for the bed!

#68 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted June 05, 2012 - 08:03 AM

That turned out great Kenny. I love the classic look of that oval decal. You can really do a pretty nice job of spreading gravel with a cart like that. Sure saves the back when the gravel is spread by the cart. My first tractor had a cart with it and I had the tailgate geared up to let the gravel out gradually. I loaded and moved 22tons of 1/2" crushed rock in that rig one summer. I think it's time for a picture of the tractor and cart together!

#69 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,419 Thanks
  • 39,668 posts

Posted June 05, 2012 - 08:07 AM

That was a lot of gravel to spread out! I'll see about that pic later today, Brian!

#70 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted June 05, 2012 - 08:14 AM

That was a lot of gravel to spread out! I'll see about that pic later today, Brian!

Yep, loaded it all with a shovel into the little cart then dumped/spread it in the back where our "lawn" is a bunch of gravel pathways surrounding landscaped areas. I used to do an hour or 2 each night. That was my start into GT's.

#71 bgkid2966 OFFLINE  

bgkid2966

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8254
  • 1,407 Thanks
  • 1,327 posts

Posted June 05, 2012 - 10:02 AM

Kenny, you did a great job on that cart. No flames. I can think of tons of uses for a cart that can spread dump. My truck at work is too big for the back yard jobs. :laughingteeth:

Geno
  • KennyP said thank you

#72 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,419 Thanks
  • 39,668 posts

Posted June 05, 2012 - 02:44 PM

That turned out great Kenny. I love the classic look of that oval decal. You can really do a pretty nice job of spreading gravel with a cart like that. Sure saves the back when the gravel is spread by the cart. My first tractor had a cart with it and I had the tailgate geared up to let the gravel out gradually. I loaded and moved 22tons of 1/2" crushed rock in that rig one summer. I think it's time for a picture of the tractor and cart together!

Brian, these are for you!
Image020.jpg Image021.jpg
  • MH81, JDBrian, dualresponse1731 and 1 other said thanks

#73 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,702 Thanks
  • 8,557 posts

Posted June 05, 2012 - 03:52 PM

Kenny, could you take some closer pic's of the way you have your mast and Winch setup? I'm thinking if I raised my mast I might be able to raise and lower the bed on my dump cart by just disconnecting it from the sleeve hitch and connecting the cable to the cart bed. it would not be as nice as your's or work as well but I could dump it with out having to get off the tractor.

#74 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,419 Thanks
  • 39,668 posts

Posted June 05, 2012 - 04:11 PM

Bill, I'll see what I can do. I'm trying to picture in my mind your challenge. I think it can be done, but you would have to get off to do it. Here's a couple pics, hope they show enough!
Image022.jpg Image023.jpg
  • HDWildBill, Newpaws493 and dualresponse1731 have said thanks

#75 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted June 05, 2012 - 04:48 PM

Brian, these are for you!
Image020.jpg Image021.jpg

Very nice! Thanks for the pics. I remember when you were debating on the colour for the trailer. You made the right choice!
  • KennyP and dualresponse1731 have said thanks