Posted May 30, 2012 - 04:56 PM
I had a binding problem with the winch, so I raised the mast about 8". No Pics as yet. But I will be building the tail gate toward the weekend. I have been making some pieces for it and have come across an idea for the tailgate locking mechanism. If all goes as planned, I will have a working tailgate soon for this. I did put the grease zerks in and gave it a few shots. But it is time to finish this. Just hope I can find enough dirt to make a load and dump it for you guys! Stay tuned. Pics on Friday, got to clean some gutters tomorrow!
- MH81, HDWildBill and Toolpartzman have said thanks
Posted May 30, 2012 - 06:54 PM
Posted May 30, 2012 - 10:03 PM
Posted May 31, 2012 - 04:39 AM
No sketch, it's all in my head. The tailgate will work similar to a dump trucks. It's the locking mechanism for it that will be different. At least, I hope it works. It will be spring loaded to unlock as the bed goes up, and lock when the bed is down. But first I have to build the tail gate and add support to the back end of the bed for the hinges on it. It will be removable when needed. I'm hoping all goes as planned. Just can't get started until Friday, maybe this afternoon if things go well on the gutter cleaning. I have 3 houses to clean gutters on today!
Kenny, good luck on your design implementation. Do you have a sketch up of the new gate idea?
Posted May 31, 2012 - 05:10 AM
Posted May 31, 2012 - 05:33 AM
- Toolpartzman said thank you
Posted May 31, 2012 - 05:38 AM
Good luck and don't forget your "raincoat"---
Lee, at least they are all in the same block. Hopefully, won't take all day!
Posted May 31, 2012 - 04:32 PM
Posted May 31, 2012 - 04:54 PM
- tinner said thank you
Posted May 31, 2012 - 05:09 PM
No sketch, it's all in my head.
I hope you do better at this then me, When I try to do something with the plan just in my head I usually run into all kinds of problems to resolve. Good Luck my friend.
Posted May 31, 2012 - 05:17 PM
Posted May 31, 2012 - 07:45 PM
Posted June 01, 2012 - 04:02 AM
Posted June 01, 2012 - 03:26 PM
Got the new frame work for the tailgate itself welded up.
I went ahead and sprayed a coat of primer on the money side and stuck it in the shed to dry over night. Hopefully tomorrow will let me work on the hinges and latch.
- gksyn said thank you
Posted June 01, 2012 - 03:36 PM