#16 sacsr OFFLINE  

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,253 Thanks
  • 3,279 posts

Posted June 22, 2012 - 04:39 PM

Okay .....Goodnews (Bob) stopped by today and I told him I was struggling getting the seal and bearings out of the housing.....he asked what I was using and how....told him a rod and using wood to cushion the blow......he suggested I use a vise that I needed the jar ....that the wood may be hurting instead of helping me.....well.....I took the board out from underneath it.....found another steel rod and started pounding around again.....finally success!!! Thanks Bob!! So I have attached a picture of the housing for the D4-10 (that I was trying to get the seal and bearings out of) and the T-63 (D4-7 uses the same housing)......man you are going to see a major beefing up from one model to the next. Also here is the seal and bearing info for the D4-10 axle.....I have not had time to cross reference these numbers so they may not be of any use......proceed at your own risk if you order them.

The set up is strange on the D4-10 housing/axle set up....... the bearing is on the far outside of the housing....and the seal is behind it inside the housing......there is also a seal on the other end of the housing that attached to the main transaxle body....you can see the diagrams in the manuals for an illustration. A felt washer (wiper) is then the last thing on the axle between the seal and the hub....

Transaxle side seal (inside seal) National 50160
Seal on the outside (still behind the outside bearings)- National 450160
Bearing- NICE C18 DS

Attached Thumbnails

• ComparisonD410axlehousingT63.JPG
  • ComparisonD410axlehousingT63top.JPG
  • D410Rearaxlebearingsand seals.JPG

• DH1 and Texas Deere and Horse have said thanks

#17 JTucker OFFLINE  

• Member No: 54887
  • 1 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted September 09, 2014 - 04:58 PM

I was looking back through older post and came across this one. Seeing that I am planning on tearing apart the Axle tubes on my D4-10, I was wondering if anyone has the part numbers of the inside and outside seals for modern parts?

• Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#18 sacsr OFFLINE  

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,253 Thanks
  • 3,279 posts

Posted September 09, 2014 - 06:03 PM

They should be able to cross reference these seals. I forgot I had posted this earlier.....this solves my inner seal number issue.

#19 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,441 Thanks
  • 17,082 posts

Posted October 25, 2014 - 05:28 PM

Are the thickness of these seals 1/4'' ?

Was just browsing and came across this thread today.

I dont know if you guys know but I have dealer Status for National & Timken bearings and seals and should still be able to get many of these "old" parts.

• olcowhand, Texas Deere and Horse and sacsr have said thanks