• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted June 07, 2012 - 07:23 PM

Glad you got it all fixed . It sounds like the winch is doing a good job. I wish I had better control over the hydraulic lift on my sleeve hitch. It's very touchy and almost impossible to make small adjustments like you are talking about.
  • HDWildBill said thank you

#17 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,704 Thanks
  • 8,557 posts

Posted June 15, 2012 - 12:50 PM

I thought I would update this thread, As previously mentioned I did replace the tank and all is well, but I also decided to get the cheap version of HF plastic weld kit and just play with the old tank and see if I could fix it. Well the out come is mixed results. I was able to fix most of the cracks, especially the big ones but the main rupture was at the seam with the cracks extending out from the seam and although I could get it to a drop every couple of minutes the bottom line is I couldn't get the seam to seal up using in water.

This being said since I haven't done this before it could be my technique causing the problem since each time I tried to seal the leak I would fix that leak but cause another. Also if you put sealer inside the tank I would think that would fix it.

I may revisit this later and see if I can get it sealed up, but the weld kit does work and it could be used in a pinch or for something that doesn't contain a liquid.
  • KennyP said thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gas, fuel, tank