coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted June 03, 2012 - 09:29 PM

Having never been around a D series, I have to ask....isn't the motor a gear motor & not a piston unit? I know the C series were gear motor, and the GT14 as well.

The D series uses a sundstrand piston to piston pump and motor very similar to the sundstrand 15 series. I am not very familiar with other WH products but some of the hydro tractors that are older than mine (1976) came with a Hydro Gear unit. The hydrogear is covered in the same manual as the sundstrand and it dosent seem to be as servicable as the sundstrand. I have read that the factory fix for a bad hydro gear unit was to update it to a sundstrand. On the d series the pump and motor are in a "divorced" system. The pump is located and coupled directly to the engine the hydro motor is bolted directly to the rearend (just like a case) with steel tubing and manifolds connecting the two together.

Here are a few pics of the motor and cylinder assy.

DSCF2860.JPG

DSCF2857.JPG

DSCF2858.JPG

DSCF2859.JPG
  • olcowhand said thank you

#17 coldone OFFLINE  

coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted June 03, 2012 - 09:48 PM

Sorry i havent thanked everyone for the comments before now. They are appreciated very much.

#18 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted June 03, 2012 - 09:52 PM

Sorry i havent thanked everyone for the comments before now. They are appreciated very much.

Not a problem Britt. You needn't thank me anyway as I get my rewards just being a part of such a great forum & having made great friends all over the US & abroad. We thank YOU for documenting all this & allowing us to take the trip with you through your hydro.