sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted May 28, 2012 - 11:23 AM

Titus .....from what I understand white hubs and rims are not correct so check to see if they were yellow (correct color) at one point....from what Daniel has taught me.....the hubs front and rear were the same for many Gt during that time frame.

I have a T63 with the narrow front tires and ag/lug rears......looking in my D4-D10 owners manual- it shows 3 choices.....in two of them the tires look narrow....the ones that look narrow...are sized 4.80/4 x 8.......hope this helps.

The main difference besides engine sizes that I have noticed in the D4-7 and the D4-10......has been the rear end....how the rear transaxle hooks up to the frame....and the axles are smaller on the D4-7. Most of the other parts are the same...

Edited by sacsr, May 28, 2012 - 11:25 AM.

#17 daytime dave ONLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted May 28, 2012 - 11:49 AM

Nice score. Congratulations. It looks to be in nice shape.

#18 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,648 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted May 28, 2012 - 12:22 PM

Like Scott said, all the rims except on the JB series were yellow. If there's no yellow under that white, then these rear rims/tires came off something else. Notice the rear tires are 2 different brands also. The front are likely just standard trailer rims/tires, as they are the same bolt pattern & easy to buy most anywhere. Also easier to use trailer rims, as the tires usually come mounted, and most people would opt for that instead of wrestling with the rusty rim to mount the 16x6.50/8 tires.

#19 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• Member No: 4216
  • 1,736 Thanks
  • 2,250 posts

Posted May 28, 2012 - 12:51 PM

Golf car rims, certain ones work with the front. On my D4-10, I have 2 golf car rims with tires that came off of a club car that work perfectly for it :)

I will check and see if there's any yellow under it. I did notice the back tires are two different patterns.

I noticed while backing it into the garage that the steering will likely need some work, turning right is fine, turning left I feel resistance. I didn't want to force anything for obvious reasons, so I'll address it later.

#20 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• 1,736 Thanks
  • 2,250 posts

Posted May 28, 2012 - 06:41 PM

Took the head off and saw the cylinder is stuck in the middle. I've put some diesel and trans fluid, filled the remainder of the cylinder up and it's drained down and now empty, still stuck. I will try again tomorrow.

#21 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,648 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted May 28, 2012 - 07:18 PM

Possibly not a seized piston at all....might be a seized rod.

#22 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• 1,736 Thanks
  • 2,250 posts

Posted May 28, 2012 - 07:26 PM

It's never easy is it... well we will see tomorrow. I hope I don't have to pull this engine out too.

#23 sacsr ONLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted May 28, 2012 - 07:52 PM

If it starts getting easier let me know.....got the rusty D4-10 up and running today ...with a good transaxle under it that works......have a rear axle leak so I had a few extra seals around....figured I would just change the seal....well there was no seal....just a piece of material reminds me of felt.....that was the seal.....now I know what it was leaking.....anyway none of the seals I have work.....so it is still sitting on a jack stand waiting for a seal.....then moved back to the T63 transaxle.....I had torn it all the way down because it was full of silt from years of being outside (came from the rusty T63 I just brought back from George's)......well decided I would pull it apart to make sure I got all the dirt out.....well the front piece was dented (where the bottom seal goes) so I had to borrow one from the D4-7 I am working on.......so no gasket...trying to decide whether to use gasket material or just the out of a tube gasket......anyway decided to work on the axles - put them back together and install them......well the bearings came out a whole lot easier than they are going in!!! Still working on that and I am afraid I might have hit the bearing and damaged it...may have to start again.....well its dark in eastern NC and I work outside....so maybe tomorrow it will go better.....so Titus I am right there with ya.....I am ready for it to get easier!!

#24 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted May 28, 2012 - 07:55 PM

Good luck with the engine!!
If you ever decide to get rid of it let me know. :laughingteeth: ( I can dream can't I :p )

#25 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted May 28, 2012 - 08:29 PM

Looks good! Good luck with it and I hope you get that engine going!

#26 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• 1,736 Thanks
  • 2,250 posts

Posted May 29, 2012 - 05:51 PM

YES! It's FREE! It spins now. Not 100% by hand, but with a wrench it moves in a full circle. I did that a few times to get it to move. The mowing decks I am running out of sun light, but will work on that tomorrow. So far so good!

#27 sacsr ONLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted May 29, 2012 - 09:47 PM

Sounds like it is going your way! Good for you hope to see it running soon!

#28 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• 1,736 Thanks
  • 2,250 posts

Posted May 30, 2012 - 06:12 PM

Thanks for positive flow my way! I hope things are getting better for you?

It turns over with a battery now. So I am going to clean the carb and start putting the pieces back together to see if she runs! :)

#29 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted May 30, 2012 - 07:18 PM

glad to hear it turns! i hope you can get it going! good luck!

#30 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• 1,736 Thanks
  • 2,250 posts

Posted June 01, 2012 - 11:01 AM

Cleaned the carb, and put oil in her. Added some fuel, cleaned the points and she wanted to kick over. I am playing with the throttle by hand as the very thin gov connector rod that goes to the circle piece on the front right panel of the engine (I'm so very tech savy on how I name these parts aren't I?) is broken.

So I will make something up for that if I can't find an OEM and see what happens. But she's got life! I hope tonight I can get her running.