• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 victor3ranger OFFLINE  

victor3ranger
  • Member No: 48052
  • 314 Thanks
  • 630 posts

Posted October 30, 2013 - 09:26 AM

After looking at these pictures it got me to thinking.  How cool would it be, if you could order parts like fenders, hood ect for a particular GT model to do something similar to your own at home.

It wouldn't ever be as nice as what Mr. Smith is building but it would look custom, like an apprearance package if you will.

Edited by victor3ranger, October 30, 2013 - 09:32 AM.

#32 ksmith OFFLINE  

ksmith
  • Member No: 9945
  • 29 Thanks
  • 18 posts

Posted November 03, 2013 - 07:39 PM

Thanks everyone. I have a lot of fun building these toys, and turning them over to their very excited owners when I'm done.

I have actually made "kits" and shipped them all over the US, and even to Denmark. So far I've only provided kits for the IH X06, X26, X56 series tractors built on Cub Cadet XX4, XX5, XX6, and XX7 models.

If someone is serious, please send me and email or call.

Kurt

#33 ksmith OFFLINE  

ksmith
  • 29 Thanks
  • 18 posts

Posted November 03, 2013 - 07:42 PM

Here's the latest one, I have 360 hours invested in it, and it's not done yet. There is more info on it on the website...

http://www.thelittle...liver-1650.html

Kurt

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0411.jpg

• Gabriel said thank you

#34 nglauer ONLINE  

nglauer
  • Member No: 46660
  • 407 Thanks
  • 358 posts

Posted November 29, 2013 - 11:27 PM

WOW! I've never really ventured outside the Bolens forum - I had no idea what I was missing. Those tractors look amazing. I own an IH 504 - and without looking really closely I would have just thought those were part of the IH family. Very impressive fabrication work. Is everything metal? or do you do fiberglass work? So cool... I will have to check out your website too.

Nick

#35 ksmith OFFLINE  

ksmith
  • 29 Thanks
  • 18 posts

Posted November 30, 2013 - 08:58 PM

Thanks Nick. I have a lot of fun building them. I like it best when I'm starting with a new project. The Oliver's really stretched my abilities. I have done some fiberglass work, but now I send that out to a local Corvette shop. My average tractor is all metal except for the battery cover, that is fiberglass. I work with steel for everything structural. I use aluminum, or an aluminum composite sign material for all of the sheet metal. It is easier to bend than steel would be.