Constant Deck Engagement

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rachel11 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 9996
  • 0 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted May 27, 2012 - 12:17 PM

I have bolens h16 and when I try to start it the deck blades and front pto turn. The deck release seems to be working properly. Any ideas?

#2 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted May 27, 2012 - 12:20 PM

Welcome to the site! Thanks for joining! There is a good bolens crowd here who can help you out. I dont know much about them and unfortunately can't be of any assistance. Again, thanks for signing up and if possible, everybody loves pics!

#3 goodnews OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8713
  • 126 Thanks
  • 423 posts

Posted May 27, 2012 - 02:02 PM

welcome to the sight Rachel11 you are the right these are smart when it comes to bolens and they will be more than to help figure out your problem, reallyneed pics and a few more details if possible .
(in Christ) :thumbs:

#4 mark843 OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2905
  • 15 Thanks
  • 199 posts

Posted May 27, 2012 - 03:08 PM

If the H16 is like the rest of the tubeframes, there should be 3 bolts that hold the pto assembly to the back of the front axle. Loosen the 3 bolts and move the pto assembly up, then re-tighten the bolts. This should allow the belts to slip when you turn the pto off.

This happened to me the other day and a quick adjustment solved the problem after I moved the pto down a little to help the ujoint to my mower deck clear the linkage. This tightened the pto belt and it would not disengage. Moving it back up resolved it.

Edited by mark843, May 27, 2012 - 03:14 PM.

• rachel11 said thank you

#5 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,451 Thanks
  • 17,089 posts

Posted May 27, 2012 - 03:28 PM

Adjusting the 3 PTO bolts will usually solve the issue unless you have the wrong size belts on the PTO
Bolens used a special size 42.5'' Belt on their PTO's

Attached Thumbnails

• pto adj 008.JPG

#6 redcarkids OFFLINE  

• Member No: 7555
  • 228 Thanks
  • 449 posts

Posted May 28, 2012 - 02:12 PM

I had this issue with my transmission belt on my massey. The belt was so wore on the sides, that it was riding deep within the v of the pully. Even though the belt was old and strectched you would have thought it would disengage when turned off but since it was wore it was droping into the pully and grabbing thus not allowing the transmission to stop so I could switch gears. I bought a new belt and all was fine after. Check your belts to make sure they are not worn down. You might have the same type issue with your pto drive belts. Just my thoughts.