Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

So what started your itch for lawn and garden tractors?

• Please log in to reply
364 replies to this topic

#361 Denis velikanov OFFLINE  

Denis velikanov
  • Member No: 85882
  • 19 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted March 03, 2017 - 09:33 AM

necessary to complete one year tractor new model. The old model of doing is completed in three months. Very much to think.
Tests spend for reliability. Tractor working on the video 20 years does not break.

#362 Denis velikanov OFFLINE  

Denis velikanov
  • Member No: 85882
  • 19 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted March 03, 2017 - 09:37 AM

I invent a lot of soil cutters. Each year a new model. Checking new model within one month of continuous operation. My site description fundamentally different structure of soil cutters.
If you're interested I can here the difference rassazat design.

• Alc said thank you

#363 GhoSt85 OFFLINE  

GhoSt85
  • Member No: 86131
  • 111 Thanks
  • 76 posts

Posted March 12, 2017 - 11:46 PM

Just recently got one. Maybe about a month ago. Didn't know they existed until then. I would look at them on craigslist and would think they were just regular old lawnmowers. One day I was browsing on Craigslist for a tractor with a loader and I saw what looked like a lawnmower in pieces. But the body wasn't stamped steel like I expected these machines to be. Got curious so I clicked. Tractor was in a dozen different pieces but I saw a deck with what looked like it was PTO driven and a front plow. Never seen a body with tubes on it so I started looking up what these machines were. Googled Bolens 1050 and I was like... Ohhh that is so cool I want one. Guy wanted two bills and saw it was posted for over a month.

Asked my wife if I could get another project (mostly woodworking projects). She said no. I said yes...please! Finally got her to agree to let me get it if I could get it for $50, so I offered $50. Guy said he would let me know the next day. 4 days later and nothing. Messaged him and he said $100 and its mine. I was bummed. Told him the highest I can go is $60 and left it at that.

That weekend I went to pick up a pull along tiller for my dads mower I was using to set up my garden. He calls me up to go pick it up. I was excited! Made up for driving 1.5 hrs one way for the tiller to have the guy stop answering my messages and never show up.

Anyways, here she is just put together. Not even running yet. She wasn't properly maintained but I am slowly getting her up and going. She still dies on me sometimes trying to take off on the highest gear but pulls strong on all other gears. Pulled out a lot of sludge from the the engine, replaced the tranny oil which had a lot of brass shaving but seems to be running fine with no knocks or binds. Greased up all the zerks. All the bushings seems to be shot. PTO leaks grease. But she is a joy to ride.

FullSizeR1_10_zpsdsoznybi.jpg

FullSizeR1_11_zpsp7ruo59p.jpg

FullSizeR1_12_zpsymhbtvrg.jpg

FullSizeR1_7_zpswl4lfpwi.jpg

FullSizeR1_14_zpskdbyipbs.jpg

FullSizeR1_13_zpsdyk56drs.jpg

• jhn9840, Gtractor, KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#364 Blackbeard OFFLINE  

Blackbeard
  • Member No: 81654
  • 34 Thanks
  • 23 posts

Posted March 27, 2017 - 11:10 PM

When I was born my dad had an old wheel horse and I spent my first few years riding on his lap. When I was 5 my parents bought some land to build a house on and my dad cleared the building lot with that little wheel horse and he would always have me drive the tractor back up to the logs so he could hook the chain, then he would take over beating the hell out of that tractor pulling the logs out. When I was 7 and the house was built he bought another "bigger" wheel horse to do all the maitanance around the new house and he gave me the "little" wheel horse for my own...I do still have that frame and belt guard...
I have owned my own personal garden tractor since I've been 7 years old and I am 45 now. I now live in that house we built when I was 7 and the whole hedgerow is full of old garden tractors and old snowmobiles, which by the way my dad gave me my first snowmobile (1969 ski-doo) shortly after he gave me his old tractor and I've always had snowmobiles since too.
My dad often tells me that his vision for the hedge row wasn't littered with tractors and snowmobiles, but he completely realizes he created the monster....lol
He and I still go to many vintage snowmobile shows and antique engine shows, which I also have a collection of hit and miss engines thanks to my dads interest in them.

#365 dpbcc OFFLINE  

dpbcc
  • Member No: 87891
  • 1 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted August 07, 2017 - 12:33 PM

I just think tractors are plain cool.   As a kid I worked on my step fathers truck farm and got to drive his tractors - fell in love with the old 40's vintage Allis Chalmers - I always  chose the old one over any of his new ones.   My father got an old Farmall Cub to snow plow with - every now and then the front wheels would collapse and we jack it up and retighten the bolts on the width clamps and go back plowing again. 

I love being able to do real work with them.