#1 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,664 Thanks
  • 6,480 posts

Posted May 27, 2012 - 01:38 AM

Bought a K engine at show with a clutch on it. I took off the pto clutch to see if shaft was right size. Luckily the unit came off easy and I have a 1-1/8" shaft. The shaft is 3-1/2" long, leaving about 7/8" behind the pulleys till the step up where crank goes into case. That seem about right? This engine also has the flange for the hogshead to mount around. I don't have one of those to try on, but is about 6-1/2 or maybe 5/8" diameter. Is this about right? I don't have a metal PK anymore to check this stuff, so lookin' for help on this, thanks!

#2 pharmer OFFLINE  

pharmer

• Member No: 4250
  • 686 Thanks
  • 677 posts

Posted May 27, 2012 - 09:20 PM

What model did you get? I have a K321-14hp on my Jim Dandy. It's all apart but I can measure whatever you need. Not sure what you mean about hogshead though. Let me know and I can even post pictures.

#3 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,664 Thanks
  • 6,480 posts

Posted May 27, 2012 - 10:30 PM

Think it's a 241, then 10hp, right? Here's some pix of it. Came with all the stuff to mount in a tractor, but not sure what brand it was in. Is orange, nut maybe Jacobsen or other brand? Has starter/gen and odd intake tube to carb.Reflection when I took serial PIx and didn't right it down. Should go out and check that again.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCN0250.JPG
  • DSCN0251.JPG
  • DSCN0252.JPG

#4 pharmer OFFLINE  

pharmer

• 686 Thanks
  • 677 posts

Posted May 29, 2012 - 05:04 PM

I was going to buy a 10 hp to put in my PK while I rebuilt my 14 hp , but the block wasn't threaded to accept the bell housing. Your pictures are kind of fuzzy so it's hard to see if it is. As soon as I can get my pictures to play nice I will post them. It shows the holes for the bell. I still may buy the engine for a future tractor. It's complete with the starter/generator for only $50 .

#5 pharmer OFFLINE  

pharmer

• 686 Thanks
  • 677 posts

Posted May 31, 2012 - 08:08 PM

DSCN0612.jpg DSCN0613.jpg Here are the pics showing the holes