• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,456 Thanks
  • 2,801 posts

Posted May 26, 2012 - 11:59 PM

Ever have those times when you got projects going and cant find the last few things to finish them?

Well we went to a swap meet today and hit the mother load. Walking along with my son, i metioned that we should keep our eye out for a AB wisconsin. Low & behold just around the corner was a hay rack full of engine and in the middle was an AB, complete and it turned over. The best part was it was $25. Now i have the correct roller engine for the Mighty Man tractor i got last fall.

He found a new jump trap for $3 and i found a few tool odds and ends for another $10, nothing great, just able stuff.

We were on our last couple of rows, when i happened to snoop in the back of a truck, hooked to a trailer load a big tractor stuff, and about fell over. Here were four 7:00x16 4" white walls, that looked almost new, marked $175 for all. I asked the guy what the bottom dollar was, and he said $120 for all. Well i now have two matching pairs of tires to put on my DB Gen 2 &3 hauling carts. I already had a very close wide white wall on my Suburban cart, so all the cart going to look the same.

It was getting hot by now and my Mountain Dew level was falling off, i was ready to leave, when right at the last corner, deep in the end of the grounds, sat a Sears 600, complete with factory brakes, a deck, ag tires, and an almost perfect orginal paint job. The tractor has been repowered with a modern briggs 8hp, still using its factory air cleaner so it fit under the hood, without cutting any thing off. Now i already have this 628 model, but this was really clean, and i had to ask, and was told $450. Now i had the cash but we have this show in a couple of weeks, so i was saving my cash to go there , i started to walk away. The guy comes running over and says, well i dont want to but i'd let it go with $375. I was still walking when my son, said well if i'd brought the cash i was going to offer him $300. I turned and said so you want this tractor? Yes was the answer, so off on the ground everything in the back of the truck, and the guy started it up and "drove" it up ramps in to my pickup.

I quess tomorrow we will take the 3pt stuff back off the Cub, and a hitch to the back my the kid's new tractor . good thing for him i got several of most Suburban attachments. Or maybe its a good thing for me i have them now. All in all it was a great day and the end to searches for hard to get stuff. Also got a Bateman seeder off ebay, and had that picked up in Chicago by my BIL, but thats another whole story.

Try to get some pictures of the load Sunday and post them .
  • Toolpartzman said thank you

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,306 Thanks
  • 28,628 posts

Posted May 27, 2012 - 03:26 AM

Wow, can't wait to see that haul. While you have the camera out, could you take some pics of those brakes so I know what I'm looking for to add on my 725? (I assume they're the same?)

#3 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,467 Thanks
  • 39,701 posts

Posted May 27, 2012 - 03:32 AM

Great batch of goodies you got there! I'll be back for the pics!

#4 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted May 27, 2012 - 05:48 AM

Now that sounds like a good shopping trip. Lookin forward to pics of the finished projects.

#5 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted May 27, 2012 - 06:17 AM

Sounds like you had a great day! Congrats on hitting the jackpot!

#6 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted May 27, 2012 - 08:21 AM

Sounds like a very lucrative shopping trip! I'm glad that you got some of the things you've been searching for. You've gotta love flea markets and swap meets! I'll be waiting for some pics as well!

#7 tinner OFFLINE  

tinner

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 961
  • 502 Thanks
  • 1,561 posts

Posted May 27, 2012 - 08:46 AM

Nice haul. Seams like that's the way it goes sometimes. When you're looking for something you can't find it and then when you don't plan on spending a lot of $$$ you find something you can't live without.

#8 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,456 Thanks
  • 2,801 posts

Posted May 27, 2012 - 10:05 AM

:dancingbanana: Ok heres some pictures......................

swap haul 003.JPG

swap haul 002.JPG

Lester whites sell new for $208, the small tires are US Royals. on unknown rims.

swap haul 004.JPG swap haul 005.JPG

My new wissy AB, an io found out it has a hot mag :bounce:

These next ones are our newest Sears Suburban 600, a 1962 tractor, model 917.60628.

Also see the close ups of the braking system.

swap haul 006.JPG
swap haul 010.JPG

swap haul 007.JPG
swap haul 008.JPG
swap haul 009.JPG
swap haul 011.JPG
swap haul 012.JPG
  • KennyP, HDWildBill and Toolpartzman have said thanks

#9 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted May 27, 2012 - 10:51 AM

Sounds like you had a great day not only with the great finds but also a good day with your son. Thanks for the pic's.

#10 Toolpartzman OFFLINE  

Toolpartzman

Fun With Horsepower

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 7171
  • 468 Thanks
  • 1,280 posts

Posted May 27, 2012 - 11:21 AM

Great hall and thankx for the pics

#11 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted May 27, 2012 - 11:23 AM

Nice finds! Some of the best deals I have made was when I was not emotionally attached to the deal.....got the price....thought it was too low and walked away.....then later the owner called saying they would take it.....now this does not work everytime.....and if it is hard to get I buy it right then. Thanks for sharing your good fortune with us!

#12 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,467 Thanks
  • 39,701 posts

Posted May 28, 2012 - 05:45 AM

Cool goodies! Those wheels in pic #2, can you put bearings in them? What size are they? Might come in handy on a project!