• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wheelhorse2 OFFLINE  

wheelhorse2

• Member No: 3953
  • 4 Thanks
  • 22 posts

Posted May 26, 2012 - 07:48 PM

I just bought a Cub 147, which runs ok, but it doesnot charge, and the gauge shows Discharge while running which is not good. I tried replacing the voltage regulator, since one of the rubber flex mounting brackets was broken of the old one. Polarized it, and still no charge. I then took a meter to the generator, and got 2.80 volts off the generator. I pulled it apart, and found some worn brushes. Could this be my issue, i dont see why its discharging though, however the wiring has seen better days, and could be rewired, what can i do to fix my 147? Thanks!!

Edited by wheelhorse2, May 26, 2012 - 07:51 PM.

#2 bgkid2966 OFFLINE  

bgkid2966

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8254
  • 1,407 Thanks
  • 1,327 posts

Posted May 26, 2012 - 09:49 PM

Did you look up a wiring diagram? A rebuild for the s/g is probably in order. It cost me about 75 dollars 8 or 9 years ago.

When I got my 129 I had the s/g rebuilt and then bought a new regulator. Then had to repair some wiring that was rubbed through and then the gauge switched sides.

Good luck.

Geno

#3 Amigatec OFFLINE  

Amigatec

Collector of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5899
  • 2,023 Thanks
  • 3,172 posts

Posted May 27, 2012 - 02:33 AM

With it running, hook a meter to the battery, take a jumper wire conect it to the positive battery post, and momentarily touch it to the F terminal on the S/G. It should go to full charge, if it doesn't then the S/G is bad.