#151 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted May 30, 2012 - 09:33 PM

Alan, can he become a member here and put his tractor in our Featured Tractor contest? If so, I'll vote for it!
If nothing else, maybe a deal can be worked out with LAGT to do an article on it.

I'm in agreement with members that feel this tractor is in a totally different league that rises above that of the current venue. as this is somewhat a national forum, it's a wonder she hasn't been picked up by a local or 'national' broadcast network so that proper respect and honors could be given...am I overreaching ???

#152 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,266 Thanks
  • 28,606 posts

Posted May 30, 2012 - 09:47 PM

There may be something at a later date and time. I'm not sure how he'd feel about the celebrity aspect. He's a pretty humble guy and may not want the spotlight for fear the meaning get lost some.

#153 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted May 30, 2012 - 10:17 PM

Understood, I share in that, as well as the experience as a survivor. No harm intended. Send him my regards. It's a great tribute.

#154 TUDOR OFFLINE  

TUDOR

Tractorholic

• Member No: 915
  • 543 Thanks
  • 497 posts

Posted May 31, 2012 - 02:41 PM

Well, it's up to you guys now. I left them a wake-up call this morning, over 200 votes in 4 hours last night for #5. My contribution was over 520 votes over the last 3 days.

I tried. I hope it works.
  • DougT said thank you

#155 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,602 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted May 31, 2012 - 03:05 PM

Well, it's up to you guys now. I left them a wake-up call this morning, over 200 votes in 4 hours last night for #5. My contribution was over 520 votes over the last 3 days.

I tried. I hope it works.

Thanks Bob! But how are you voting? I still can't see anything about voting or voting stats...just the pics.

#156 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,716 Thanks
  • 4,275 posts

Posted May 31, 2012 - 03:22 PM

Dan, I use I. E. for a browser. If I click on tools at the top and then click delete browsing history from the drop down. Confirm the delete. Disconnect from the internet. Reconnect to the internet and it will let me vote one time. He's went to a lot of work. Not to mention all the lost passwords and history from everything else you use. I've been throwing in a few but ddon't have the time he's put into it.

#157 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,602 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted May 31, 2012 - 05:14 PM

I tried IE and still the same, even dumping all history.

#158 TUDOR OFFLINE  

TUDOR

Tractorholic

• Member No: 915
  • 543 Thanks
  • 497 posts

Posted June 01, 2012 - 03:18 AM

Dan, I use I. E. for a browser. If I click on tools at the top and then click delete browsing history from the drop down. Confirm the delete. Disconnect from the internet. Reconnect to the internet and it will let me vote one time. He's went to a lot of work. Not to mention all the lost passwords and history from everything else you use. I've been throwing in a few but ddon't have the time he's put into it.

I'm on dial-up. I don't think cable works quite the same for disconnecting from the net. I had to wait at least 20 seconds between log-off and log-on for the site to reset so I could vote again. If I didn't, all I got was the pictures, no voting form.

The other thing I did was access the site, scroll down to ensure the voting form was there, then open 4 more tabs the same way. That saved me the log-off/log-on time for 4 votes. Then I started voting with the last tab and worked my way back to the first. Any more than 5 tabs open and things slowed down big time. Between roughly 0230 and 0430, 50 votes in 63 minutes average. Between 0743 and 0843, 60 votes. Quite a difference.

I was voting blind. No tally to tell me how many we needed. 3 days ago, when #3 had a 300+ vote lead, I cut the lead down to about 200, one vote at a time. That averaged between 20 and 25 votes per hour. When they woke up, they had to crank on another 100+ votes to maintain their lead. They stabilized and didn't add more than a couple of votes after that and I went to work that night with another 140 votes or so to get almost within 200 again. That's when they the pulled the tally.

From the previous data, it appeared that they ignored the tally until the next day after they got their 300 vote margin. I put 20 votes in at 1230 Wednesday and another 25 at 2010 that night in the hopes that they would ignore the low numbers and let the difference slide a bit. Then I started at 0230 and hammered in 212 votes by 0843 in 2 separate 2 hour sessions. I'm thinking that 257 votes cutting into their (historical) 300 vote margin probably got their attention when they woke up.

If I hadn't had prior commitments Thursday afternoon, I probably would have hit them with another 100 votes, just to make them sweat. As it was, I did add another half dozen.

The only password or history that I lost were for eBay, and I have to enter the password every day anyway. GTT and MTF maintained my log-ins, and those, and YouTube, are only the places that I visit where I don't have to put in my password every time that I go there. I just checked my YouTube account and it's still logged in, so I'm cool.

I read several comments on that site before they closed them about the massive voting that was going on for #3. A few comments were made here as well. I figured, I've got the time, it's a good cause, let's have some fun! I knew going in that peeing up a rope would be more productive, but once in a while someone ticks me off enough to make me want to rattle their cage.

I hope they got a headache out of it!

Edited by TUDOR, June 01, 2012 - 03:23 AM.

#159 HowardsMF155 ONLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted June 01, 2012 - 06:57 AM

I'm on DSL. I tried clearing history, tried using another browser (Chrome), tried using the "InPrivate" setting which is supposed to start with a clean slate and end with one. Nothing. Bob, thanks for taking the time to crank those votes out. As you say, some things just get your back up.

#160 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted June 01, 2012 - 07:45 AM

I think the voting is over now but I get an access denied page now. What was the vote total?

#161 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,266 Thanks
  • 28,606 posts

Posted June 01, 2012 - 09:17 AM

I guess it's all over. First time in a couple of days that i went to look.
I don't see anything regarding results or "coming Soon" or what not.
Darn, i meant to save #8 as my desktop pic...

#162 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,716 Thanks
  • 4,275 posts

Posted June 02, 2012 - 02:02 AM

Didn't it say they were supposed to announce the winner during some show or festival this weekend? They probably don't want it known until then.

#163 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,266 Thanks
  • 28,606 posts

Posted June 04, 2012 - 07:23 AM

Didn't it say they were supposed to announce the winner during some show or festival this weekend? They probably don't want it known until then.

Yep, it's all over but the thank you's.

The winner had 150 votes more than my Uncle, but he's tickled pink (no pun intended).

Very touched by the support from total strangers. His prize for second was a set of tickets to Kennywood Amusement park. He's not an amusement park guy, so his grandsons are going in his place. (they volunteered LOL)

Thanks again guys.
30% of vote & winner:
image.jpg
27% of vote, Second Place
image.jpg
17% of vote, Third Place
image.jpg

#164 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted June 04, 2012 - 07:25 AM

With how much the winner was obviously voted up and possibly had inside help I think we all did pretty darn good LOL.

Congrats to your uncle and he deserves it, after all he did have the sexiest tractor.

#165 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,602 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted June 04, 2012 - 07:26 AM

Glad your Uncle is happy about it. And he got a prize! I think that's super!