#16 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,522 Thanks
  • 5,033 posts

Posted May 25, 2012 - 01:57 PM

I hate crawl spaces with a passion. Last time I was in one my belt buckle caught on a nail and there I was stuck on my back with no one around and no way to get my hands to my belt. If a rat would have come along there would have been a new hatch in the kitchen floor. I do not like crawl spaces and I hope you never have to go back there.

P.S.
Can't remember how I got loose. :confuse:

#17 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,514 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted May 25, 2012 - 04:54 PM

I hate crawl spaces with a passion. Last time I was in one my belt buckle caught on a nail and there I was stuck on my back with no one around and no way to get my hands to my belt. If a rat would have come along there would have been a new hatch in the kitchen floor. I do not like crawl spaces and I hope you never have to go back there.

P.S.
Can't remember how I got loose. :confuse:

Rat probably crawled by. You just can't remember it!
I don't mind going under, until you have to dig your way under the duct work
Then it's a pain. There is always something you have to go back out for! At least my neck and shoulders are doing okay. Stomach muscles are a bit touchy, though.

#18 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,320 Thanks
  • 28,640 posts

Posted May 25, 2012 - 06:58 PM

My Grandma's house was built with the old "drop some logs on the ground and build a house on it" construction technique. When electricity and plumbing was introduced to the area, they dug 2x2 trenches under there. Funky pure white spiders with knobby knees, snake skins, and things that squeak and scamper were in there with you. You crawl in and back out if you had to work on something.

#19 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted May 26, 2012 - 08:02 AM

Bad part is, I do better with Bayer aspirin than Ibuprofin. I have some Bayer Back and Body, already took two. Couple more at bed time, plus a nice warm shower to ease things. Thanks, though!

Same with me Kenny, just seems like aspirin works well and ibuprofen or tylenol type stuff just dont cut it. Hot shower always helps too.

That sounds like a miserable job Kenny. I use this stuff called Voltaren. It's a cream that you rub directly on the painful area. i find this stuff really works for me. I have disc compression in my lower back and tendonitis in my elbows and it really works well for me. You can get it without a prescription up here. It's a non steroidal anti-inflammatory like aspirin but goes directly to the problem area.

I have a tube of that too and when MR Arthur comes to visit my hands it always works quickly. Got this from my Mom and I do think it requires a Rx here in the states.
  • KennyP said thank you