Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

How To Approach A Tractor Show To Get The Most Out Of It?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted May 23, 2012 - 08:31 PM

Are you coming Bob?

#17 bhts OFFLINE  

bhts

Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,415 Thanks
  • 2,118 posts

Posted May 23, 2012 - 08:36 PM

If things go right i plan on coming down two yours dan. Have a local one in a couple weeks we set up at also.

#18 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted May 23, 2012 - 09:19 PM

Daniel

I hope I am coming with the HD12.....talked to them tonight and I am on for the 8th....yea....I am bringing chains, locks, and maybe a guard dog for that thing.......just got to figure out how to sleep at night while its out there on the trailer.....I am hoping you drive......I was looking forward to seeing your D4-10 in person!!

Speaking of locking it down......what do ya'll do when you are traveling and trailering these GT's?? I usually take a couple of chains....1 to chain my trailer and truck together.....then one or two to lock down what ever I have on the trailer.....not to mention I have locks for trailer and hitch.......I realize it can and will be stolen if they want it bad enough....I just want them to have to go out of their way to get mine. :thumbs: Anybody got any secrets on this??

Edited by sacsr, May 23, 2012 - 09:39 PM.

#19 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted May 23, 2012 - 09:26 PM

I've never taken a tractor to a show like this Scott. Only my local day long show where I see my tractor the whole time. I too worry about leaving my tractor there overnight while I'm at the hotel. We are leaning toward driving & toting the D4-10. All I have for tractor security is a motorcycle locking cable.
As to your HD-12 Scott....bring me an extra key for the lock so I can look after it for you! :laughingteeth:

On a restored tractor on my trailer, I never use chains, just straps.
  • sacsr said thank you

#20 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted May 23, 2012 - 09:39 PM

I am going to cut up either an old fire hose or old flat irrigation line we use on the nursery....to make something to pull the chain through to protect the tractors I am trailering...

I just sleep better with chains and locks on my stuff......may be a false security.....I also try to park under a light and close to the building I am staying in.......( I did not chain down the T63 I brought home last week.....with the flat tires and all that rust...if figured they thought I was heading to the scrap yard and would not realize I was taking my newly acquired and prized lawn ornament home :laughingteeth: )

#21 Lauber1 ONLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,456 Thanks
  • 2,801 posts

Posted May 24, 2012 - 12:16 AM

Been to a lot of shows over the last 20yrs, and only once did someone get something stolen, and it was in daylight during the show.

most good shows have some kind of security people, the best shows have ones you never see, they just come by the next day and tell you want you did the nite before. I dont know this show, but alot of the DB ones i go to, people sit up and talk tractor until midnite or so.

We ussally get to camp out on the grounds at shows, buit this place seems strange, as today when i called to reserve a spot, they said all 67 spots were gone already, in the 3 days since they start taking them. Not sure what i'll be doing for camping now, maybe ill have to go to the Love's truck stop and over nite there.
  • sacsr said thank you