21 replies to this topic

#16 Mr Electrak OFFLINE  

Mr Electrak

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 1249
  • 121 Thanks
  • 76 posts

Posted July 13, 2014 - 10:39 AM

I think there was way too much confusion, rather than a lack of interest for this year's gathering. Despite the large amount of regrets sent to Geo, I still think we could have had an "informal" gathering of some kind, if one of us had grabbed the bull by the horns, and made it work.
The "bride" and I, along with 2 other enthusiasts had our plans set to leave for Bennington early Saturday AM, until a posting on the Elec-Trak Owners Club website, completely discouraged us, and we cancelled our plans. In hindsight, we probaly should have considered the source, and gone anyways.

Here' the post:

HI
I called Bruce him self today there in no plans for tomorrow !!! That means don't show up for it!!! He not planing on anyone being there for Elec-traks ...The Art studio will still be open.. ok so for the record no event is going on tomorrow..
i wish i found out early.. but that ok i still going to have a great day !!
thank you
lawnmower guy

The message seemed pretty clear to all of us - stay home - don't show up - nothing going on - etc, etc.

As it turned out, that was NOT the case....

Yup, I'm ticked.

'nuff said.
  • DH1, Sparky, CharlesDes and 1 other said thanks

#17 Sparky OFFLINE  

Sparky

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1574
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,892 posts

Posted July 13, 2014 - 11:57 AM

Geo called me a few days before that and asked for some thoughts and how long my interest was there . We both have been chasing the history and background since 2007 basically . The payoff has been to meet with Bruce and factory people . My concern was that Bruce himself would lose interest so I went . He did show appreciation and real candor . Some of what he shared I can't repeat    .

I should have just said come anyway but doubt lingered . The fellow from N.J. didn't want to be denied , neither did I .

• Mr Electrak and sacsr have said thanks

#18 Sparky OFFLINE  

Sparky

Tractorholic

• 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,892 posts

Posted September 28, 2014 - 09:11 PM

Bruce gave me a copy of a report he did for electric car feasibility in 1968 . I had planned to bring it to Dan's plow day but alas, that did not happen . Next year Hogs , electric hogs  etc  for Dan's . Maybe even more if Bruce is willing to try one more time .

• Mr Electrak and sacsr have said thanks

#19 Sparky OFFLINE  

Sparky

Tractorholic

• 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,892 posts

Posted November 27, 2014 - 09:20 AM

Thanksgiving Day special . I Am glad I took the time to visit Bruce this year . He thought outside the box to give us something different . A real " ideas " kind of guy .
  • Mr Electrak said thank you

#20 Sparky OFFLINE  

Sparky

Tractorholic

• 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,892 posts

Posted December 23, 2014 - 07:38 AM

The book doesn't say this and it is not in the literature per say of anybody in particular  .

It is obvious to a good 2 way kind of guy that Bruce Laumeister would have enjoyed good music played at night on 770 kc  during prototyping  days . The kids of the time wouldn't have been bothered by popping and crackling noise in their receivers either caused by the ICER s of that time . 

DJ Bruce Morrow really rocked the house then and played Monkees  music . Even the Beatles liked the Monkees .

#21 Sparky OFFLINE  

Sparky

Tractorholic

• 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,892 posts

Posted December 24, 2014 - 08:03 PM

I was kinda sad to not meet up with one of the top dogs in the plant . He wore a green hat overseas during prototyping days . I never had to arm wrestle him for just plain talk . Lucky me .

Bruce said he was like that .

#22 Sparky OFFLINE  

Sparky

Tractorholic

• 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,892 posts

Posted December 25, 2014 - 08:16 AM

The afore mentioned wearer of a Green Beret said the car company who bought the Elect-Traks didn't quite know how to market the concept . It is becoming clearer to me what he meant .

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: elec-trak, electric, new idea