• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted July 02, 2010 - 11:37 AM

Heat soak/transfer will take some of the heat away from the glow plugs when they are in the head. I would take the valve cover off and check the valves and make sure they are moving. Are you sure it is getting enough fuel? I know you said you checked the injectors but if it was getting enough fuel it would puff a good gray haze when trying to start. Have you replaced the fuel filter?

#17 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,626 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted July 02, 2010 - 02:19 PM

When you checked the injector nozzles, was is it like a mist, and vaporized well? If it's spraying out in defined pattern, then likely the injector pump is weak, or the injectors themselves are worn. BUT, the fact that it isn't hitting on ether... seems that would mean low on compression, OR the valve timing is off.

#18 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,073 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted July 02, 2010 - 06:50 PM

After just reading this post and seeing what you've done so far,I'll throw this in here just for the fun of it.Your saying the diesel smells like diesel in the tank.Did you add any diesel or is whats in it what you bought the tractor with.I know water will show up in your sediment bowl,, but if what you have in the tank is mostly water it's going to look the same as what in the tank.I think it might be a good idea to drain the tank etc: and try new diesel fuel that you know isn't water contaminated.Just my opinion.Larry

#19 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted July 02, 2010 - 07:46 PM

Have you tried any either or starting fluid?

#20 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,073 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted July 08, 2010 - 05:57 PM

Just wondering how your doing with the tractor,have you figured it out yet,got it running and if so what was the problem. Always nice to hear if things are finally working,kinda curious as to whats happening.Thanks,Larry