12 replies to this topic

#1 HowardsMF155 ONLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted May 21, 2012 - 11:14 AM

I put the snowplow on yesterday (wrong season, I know LOL) and saw that one of the linkages is nearly dragging on the ground. It looks like this could be re-assembled rotated 180 degrees. Anyone familiar with this? Has it been assembled backward at some point? In my preview, this is the last picture below.

Thanks.

Also, while I was cleaning some things up yesterday, I ran across this other device. It came with my first Massey, a 12 G, but the owner didn't know what it fit. It does attach to the front bumper of the massey 12, but I don't know what else it hooks up to. Anybody recognize it? These should be the first two pictures.

Attached Thumbnails

• 0519121651.jpg
  • 0519121651a.jpg
  • 001.JPG

#2 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted May 21, 2012 - 12:33 PM

That plow linkage does look low, but it seems like it is correct.
That other mount looks interesting. It looks like a mount for a different type of front blade? Not sure though.
I am sure one of the other MF guys will be able to identify this.

#3 MFGray OFFLINE  

MFGray

• Member No: 154
  • 129 Thanks
  • 122 posts

Posted May 21, 2012 - 12:33 PM

That is the mounting bracket, stabilizer adjustment and stabilizer assembly for the later 610 mower. It is lying the wrong way round and missing the pins that link the arms into the adjustment assembly. The hooked plate attaches to a rod at the front of the mower and the height of the mower can be adjusted by turning the bolts in the adjuster.
  • HowardsMF155 and chris m have said thanks

#4 HowardsMF155 ONLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted May 21, 2012 - 12:48 PM

IMGP17961.JPG

I saw this in another post further down. So I would need to see if one of my decks has the rod to attach to? And is it used for anything other than the deck.

#5 MFGray OFFLINE  

MFGray

• Member No: 154
  • 129 Thanks
  • 122 posts

Posted May 21, 2012 - 01:23 PM

I don't think so. I have one on a mower that I have never used, but I would like to know what advantage this setup has over the older version with the 2 rods and clevises. Maybe it's easier to attach the mower?

#6 HowardsMF155 ONLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted May 21, 2012 - 01:55 PM

I don't think so. I have one on a mower that I have never used, but I would like to know what advantage this setup has over the older version with the 2 rods and clevises. Maybe it's easier to attach the mower?

From what I can see, it mostly would make adjusting the mower easier. As for removal, I suppose it would speed up the removal of the mower deck for temporary purposes, such as sharpening blades, but would not be helpful for re-tasking the tractor, as the trailing links would still need to be removed. I think the "box" which attaches to the bumper also might attach to the front axle bolt, so it would be more permanent.

#7 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,334 Thanks
  • 28,642 posts

Posted May 21, 2012 - 04:07 PM

I have Part # 15 on a 12G at home. It does have a bolt to the axle bolt somehow.

Every 610 deck I have has a LOT of wear at the front caster. I think this evolved to try to eliminate some of that?

Either way, It's gotta come off so I can put my blade on for the show.

#8 Bud OFFLINE  

Bud

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 650
  • 341 Thanks
  • 404 posts

Posted May 21, 2012 - 09:19 PM

I'm glade you put up the pictures of the mower hitch. I had posted the parts page as the circled part #16 is whats missing from mine. With the pictures you posted I think I can make one. One of the tractor manuals in this site does show this mower setup. I don't recall which one but it was under the tractors and not the mowers.

#9 HowardsMF155 ONLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted May 24, 2012 - 08:22 AM

I'm glade you put up the pictures of the mower hitch. I had posted the parts page as the circled part #16 is whats missing from mine. With the pictures you posted I think I can make one. One of the tractor manuals in this site does show this mower setup. I don't recall which one but it was under the tractors and not the mowers.

If you need more pictures and measurements, let me know and I'll try to get some for you.
  • Bud said thank you

#10 Bud OFFLINE  

Bud

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 650
  • 341 Thanks
  • 404 posts

Posted May 24, 2012 - 08:33 PM

Thanks Howard, I think i can get it from the picture thats up as I have the other parts to help me match it up.

#11 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,334 Thanks
  • 28,642 posts

Posted May 24, 2012 - 11:17 PM

BTW Howard, That lever is on upside down. I just got mine assembled tonight and it can be flipped over if the push rod isn't assembled right.

Should be a simple fix, pull the handle & push rod off and turn that piece up where it belongs.
  • HowardsMF155 said thank you

#12 HowardsMF155 ONLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted May 25, 2012 - 05:02 PM

I really felt it was upside down, but wanted to ask. I'd kinda planned on trying to flip it, but thanks for letting me know that it can go the other way. Nothing I hate more than taking something apart, only to find it won't re-assemble any differently than it was to start with.

#13 HowardsMF155 ONLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted June 05, 2012 - 08:21 PM

Flipped it over no problem. I'll try to mount it soon and take some pictures.
  • MH81 said thank you