• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sknap83 OFFLINE  

sknap83

• Member No: 5244
  • 3 Thanks
  • 41 posts

Posted May 20, 2012 - 02:15 PM

I bought a jd 300 off from cl friday for 650 dollars that came with a snowblower and a model 33 tiller and the 47 inch deck. The attachments are in good condition. The tiller has 2 extensions but it is missing the lift bar. I havent been able to find one on ebay. I remember what they look like but I was wondering if some one could post a pic of one with dimensions so I can make one. If I remember right the last one I saw on ebay listed with out the rear pto sold for 1/4 of what I paid for the tractor. Also the electric pto doesnt work on it. Does the coil work on 12 volts or did I screw up bad when I tried to power it directly off the battery. The switch is pretty shot I already know this and am going to start there. It is leaking oil around the seal behind the pto but when I powered it up the magnet didnt even try to engage. All and all it is a nice tractor and is being prepped for paint right now.

#2 Littledeere ONLINE  

Littledeere

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2778
  • 1,545 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted May 20, 2012 - 06:17 PM

Yes the clutch works off the strait 12 volts you should be able to jump it but you might check to
see if it needs to be ajusted you should see 3 bolts from the front thats how you ajust it.
There is a good how to on here somewere for the ajustment but you use a feeler gauge on the clutch
use the nuts to close the gap to I think they call for 15ths but I use 12ths I have had better luck with that
if I can the book I will post you a copy.The lift bar will be a little harder maybe someone has some pics

#3 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted May 20, 2012 - 08:36 PM

Congrats on the tractor. Some time ago there was a thread where the lift bar for a JD sleeve hitch and a tiller were compared. I'm not sure what the thread was about but it might be worth searching the JD forum to find it.

#4 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted May 20, 2012 - 08:42 PM

Found the topic I was thinking of. Heres the link.http://gardentractor...-closed-frames/ Someone who posted in this topic may be able to help you as well.