• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted July 10, 2010 - 10:28 PM

You don't need to know all of the info to be able to enter tractors into the registry, as long as you know the make and models, you can guesstimate on the year and you can always edit the information at any time once you would find out more info.

#47 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted July 10, 2010 - 10:29 PM

Is it OK to just register the tractors? Dad has a few but they're just sitting right now. My son is taking 2 & making one. Also, anyone know where the s/n is on a Custom 6 Sears?

:ditto:
Yep you can go ahead and add any tractors you may have. The more we have added the better :thumbs:

#48 don wyatt OFFLINE  

don wyatt

• Member No: 580
  • 0 Thanks
  • 24 posts

Posted July 10, 2010 - 11:51 PM

That was a while ago and I don't recall. I think it was when I clicked to send the message. I may have been doing something wrong as I think I have it now. Perhaps you could tell me how to start a discussion on the John Deere group site. I've been there and I think I have clicked on everything with no luck. I will keep trying. Yesterday I demolished a Coast to Coast GT, 11hp. The day before I demolished a 11hp Mastercraft, by MTD. They had parts I needed for other projects. Thanks

#49 marpats OFFLINE  

marpats

• Member No: 770
  • 0 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted July 11, 2010 - 06:09 PM

Here are a few pictures of my recently purchased MF 12 with an OHV 16 in it. A fresh oil change and new belts had it mowing merrily in no time. Maybe I am missing something but I cannot seem to get the steering wheel off to attempt to fix the free play in the steering wheel. It spins for a good 6-8 inches either way before actually engaging the steering mechanism. Maybe I am missing something but I could not find instructions in the manual that address this specifically. I took the bolt off under the wheel and tried to get it off that way but could not. Its probably an easy fix but I am stumped at the moment.

Attached Thumbnails

• 2010-06-30 17.02.37.jpg
  • 2010-06-30 17.02.52.jpg

#50 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted July 11, 2010 - 07:08 PM

I am not sure which model of steering box that tractor would have on it,but there should be an adjustment bolt with lock nut on it somewhere.Usually though,if you turn that bolt much ,you create a bind situation in the box.And with that much play,you probably won't be able to just adjust it out.

#51 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted July 11, 2010 - 07:14 PM

There's an adjusting nut on the bottom of the box under the tractor, have found that most of the time it's the front axle pivot bolt and nut that are loose or worn, should check that first, also all the steering linkage joints.

#52 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted July 13, 2010 - 08:57 AM

I wanted to take a minute to say thank you to all those that have entered your tractor(s) to the registry. I think it is a valuable tool and a great way to document all the tractors out there.

#53 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• Member No: 82
  • 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted July 17, 2010 - 04:50 PM

Here are a few pictures of my recently purchased MF 12 with an OHV 16 in it. A fresh oil change and new belts had it mowing merrily in no time. Maybe I am missing something but I cannot seem to get the steering wheel off to attempt to fix the free play in the steering wheel. It spins for a good 6-8 inches either way before actually engaging the steering mechanism. Maybe I am missing something but I could not find instructions in the manual that address this specifically. I took the bolt off under the wheel and tried to get it off that way but could not. Its probably an easy fix but I am stumped at the moment.

that looks familiar
wheres the $30 blade LOL

#54 marpats OFFLINE  

marpats

• Member No: 770
  • 0 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted July 19, 2010 - 12:07 PM

Its on there currently but still tweaking how to get it to bolt on to the rear and still be able to raise and lower it. When I had it bolted the thing was so tight it had zero play up or down when working the lever. When I unbolted the rear it had plenty of room but that caused the front to slip out of the guide piece when pushing things. Need to keep playing with it to get it right. Thanks for the blade man and rare as a Dodo bird MF 650 tiller. I am trying to get the bracket fabbed where the spring bar attaches for the MF 650 rototiller. If anyone has the specs out there that would be helpful. Looks simple enough to get welded together.

#55 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• Member No: 82
  • 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted July 20, 2010 - 03:40 PM

whenever i was using it im pretty sure i had the carriage bolt in the first the back hole closest to the center. the farther out bolt is for a hydro, the wheel base is a little longer

#56 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted July 20, 2010 - 07:50 PM

The registry stands at 130 entries at this point. Not bad, and it will grow!

#57 jdslednut ONLINE  

jdslednut

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 77
  • 636 Thanks
  • 837 posts

Posted July 20, 2010 - 09:56 PM

Keep them coming! There's almost 900 members now so I'm sure there's that many tractors out there!

#58 4mer farm kid OFFLINE  

4mer farm kid

• Member No: 924
  • 1 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted July 27, 2010 - 04:34 PM

I just joined. Registering the GT's is next on the list.

#59 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted August 04, 2010 - 10:13 AM

Added my "new" Cub Cadet 123... still need to add the tractor serial number. Haven't found the number, yet. I'll find it and add it soon.

#60 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted August 04, 2010 - 10:23 AM

Should be on the bottom backside of the rear end. The one that was on my 125 was half unreadable. The one on my 147 was in perfect shape and perfectly legible.