• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Enginerod OFFLINE  

Enginerod

• Member No: 1748
  • 205 Thanks
  • 268 posts

Posted May 19, 2012 - 10:00 PM

I traded the 216 and some cash for a 318, needs some TLC but it has a newer linamar 20 horse in it. Hydro works good, drives good and no major leaks. One problem is the bosses on the hood for the forward hinges are broken off and epoxied, the epoxy isn't holding, is there a glue or 2 part epoxy designed to repair this plastic? Second problem is it surges, I will pull the carb and intake tomorrow to check for air leaks and plugged passages. I will have to get used to the hand controlled hydro, big difference from the foot pedal on the kubota! Will try to get a pic up soon.

#2 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted May 20, 2012 - 06:18 AM

Congrats on the tractor. That hand control does take some getting used to but at least you have power steering on the 318. On my 314 I am pretty busy when using the box blade what with armstrong steering, the hand speed control and the lift lever. It's quite a change to go from my modern compact tractor to the 314 but it gets the job done and somehow it's more fun using a small tractor when you can. Looking forward to your pics.

#3 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,317 Thanks
  • 28,635 posts

Posted May 20, 2012 - 06:23 AM

Sounds like a good deal. Looking forward to the pics.

#4 daytime dave ONLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted May 20, 2012 - 10:18 AM

Congratulations. I hope your 318 gets the bugs out soon. Hope to see photographs soon.

#5 Enginerod OFFLINE  

Enginerod

• 205 Thanks
  • 268 posts

Posted May 20, 2012 - 12:18 PM

The front sheet metal is off right now, degreased the front of the chassis and I will pull the carb off later on tonight to clean it. Daytime dave, what area of upstate NY are you from?

#6 Enginerod OFFLINE  

Enginerod

• 205 Thanks
  • 268 posts

Posted May 20, 2012 - 07:36 PM

Pulled the carb off, uncovered the idle mixture screw and cleaned the carb, It runs BEAUTIFUL. Tightened up the steering arm on the spindle and adjusted the front axle stops to tighten up the steering, drives really nice now. Took it for a ride around the yard, lowered the deck, turned the blades on and after one pass the right front wheel of the deck fell into a hole and bent the deck pretty good. Doesnt look like its an easy straightening. The hole it fell into is a piece of concrete that used to have a 6 inch pipe in it and the wheel must have gone dead center. DOH!

#7 Enginerod OFFLINE  

Enginerod

• 205 Thanks
  • 268 posts

Posted May 22, 2012 - 09:05 PM

The pic of the 318Picture0522122143_1.jpg