• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 abushey123 OFFLINE  

abushey123

• Member No: 4054
  • 13 Thanks
  • 45 posts

Posted May 17, 2012 - 03:44 PM

Hi yal i just needed some held making a decision on a tractor. I have found a john deer 332 rider and just wanted to know if it was worth putting money into. The tractor has a three cylinder diesel engine but does not have a mower deck to my knowledge. And just the other day when i was pulling my trailer my ford 100 started to knock in the transmition in 3th gear quite loud. I was interested and worried what the sound was.

#2 Trav1s OFFLINE  

Trav1s

Got points?

• Member No: 5472
  • 2,603 Thanks
  • 3,750 posts

Posted May 17, 2012 - 05:55 PM

332's are great tractors and the Yanmar 3 cylinder engine is designed to last. If I could afford one I would consider it.

#3 abushey123 OFFLINE  

abushey123

• Member No: 4054
  • 13 Thanks
  • 45 posts

Posted May 17, 2012 - 06:09 PM

ok the only problumis that i have neer seen it and that it mey not be in good condition

#4 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted May 17, 2012 - 06:59 PM

Well worth investing some money in a 332. A lot depends on how many hours are on it and how it was maintained. I usually bring a small floor jack with me when looking at tractors. I jack the front end up and look at the slack in the front axle, steering and wheel bearings/axles/spindles. If all these items are worn then that's a bad sign. You can usually get a general idea of how a tractor has been treated by giving it a good once over but there can be a lot of problems lurking just under the surface. It's always a bit of a gamble. With the JD's there are still many parts available new as well as a good selection of used ones. I think the 332 chassis is the same as the 318 so there are lots of used parts to be had.

#5 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted May 18, 2012 - 08:06 AM

All I can tell you for sure is a Diesel JD is high on my want list. Having a 318, I can tell you it is a very capable GT .