redcarkids

Tractorholic

• Member No: 7555
  • 242 Thanks
  • 464 posts

Posted May 18, 2012 - 09:04 PM

Thanks for the pics once again!
Glad to hear you got the Bolens Clock ...so want to sell it to me ??? :D

If I sell it Brian you will have first choice. I was packing up to leave and had a selling fenzie going on. Just wanted to get rid of some stuff. I made enough in the last half hour there to pay for the sign and then some. This same guy had a bolens parts book about 5 inches thick. Ok don't get mad. I turned it down at $20.00. It covered the huskey line and was mostly all parts manuals with exploded views of the models. I now wish I had gotton it. I was so excited about the sign that I figured I better leave before the guy changed his mind. What do those manuals go for? He also had a Winsconsin engine manual about 5 inches thick.
  • VoGemy said thank you

#32 wilberj OFFLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,183 Thanks
  • 5,209 posts

Posted May 18, 2012 - 09:33 PM

The Ridemasters are calling to me!

The clock for less then $200 is a good price I got the one I have for $200.
  • redcarkids said thank you

#33 CASENUT OFFLINE  

CASENUT

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1974
  • 501 Thanks
  • 865 posts

Posted May 19, 2012 - 02:43 AM

Well as promised, some photos and some videos From the Portland Indiana Swap Meet...

Edited by NutCASE, May 19, 2012 - 06:20 AM.

• redcarkids, PaPasTractor and Newpaws493 have said thanks

#34 CASENUT OFFLINE  

CASENUT

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 501 Thanks
  • 865 posts

Posted May 19, 2012 - 06:23 AM

nutcase let me know when you post your photos, or fill free to post them here with this link.
Sorry I missed you this weekend. I did meet 2 others from this sight there.

Sorry as well, I met a couple of guys ...and was wearing my GTTalk T shirt...my video of the photos is up...^

#35 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted May 19, 2012 - 11:33 AM

Didn't sell my Massey, too big of project for most....BUT....Did trade it for a running WH B80 with no deck. Has some jerry rigged hydraulics which are coming off. Real nice shape, just rusty paint surfaces. Can still see decals slightly, ha! Also bought another Sears SS12. I like those Sears, tough and easy to work on. No spark, OH OH, might be bad news with thos TC electronics they have. Bought another Tec engine and a 10hp Kohler with manaul clutch and all the wiring and such. Think it will be fine, will try to start later. Sold about $300 in parts maybe, but bought that much back too. So now just broke, like usual. Momma doesn't know about new tractors yet, left trailer at buddies' place. Deal with that later, ha! Wish I could have bought many more, just out of money. Quite a few Panzers there, all were that weird green, most brought $750 or more even in rough shape. Lots of oddballs this year for sure. That GArden All mentioned had some big panels on sides over rear tires. What for? This kind of an "Orchard" miniature? I assumed to hold back plants as it was used in feild?

#36 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted May 19, 2012 - 11:48 AM

NutCase...there was a Case hy-wheel on trailer with Crosley engine in it, and HUGE Kubota wheels on it, rubbing fenders and on dash said "Nut Case". I asked guy about it and said not You I guess. Did you see that one? My sight was two down from Those Case guys and you didn't look me up?? Between us was "Crazy Dave" the odd Case and Junk nut, quite a talker! I've met him at other shows.

#37 CASENUT OFFLINE  

CASENUT

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 501 Thanks
  • 865 posts

Posted May 19, 2012 - 06:16 PM

NutCase...there was a Case hy-wheel on trailer with Crosley engine in it, and HUGE Kubota wheels on it, rubbing fenders and on dash said "Nut Case". I asked guy about it and said not You...

ctor had a 4 cyl in it...
Ya I saw it and grabbed some videos of it, I didn't feel like sorting through 1 hr of vids so I basically just posted photos...that tra

#38 DougT OFFLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,716 Thanks
  • 4,274 posts

Posted May 19, 2012 - 06:32 PM

Yes, the first pic you posted in this second group is the Bolens I was referring to.
It looks to be a later model "A" These were the first garden tractors to be sold under the "Bolens" name and were built from the 1920's - 1954. At first I thought it was an early Gardener but judging by the wheels and gas tank location I think its the model A

Brian, I believe that tractor is a model DJ. It had the Briggs PB engine. I think it had a date of 28 on it. The model A used a Briggs P.