daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,441 Thanks
  • 6,332 posts

Posted May 16, 2012 - 03:35 PM

Dad got this DR walk behind brush hog a couple of years ago. Boy does it sure earn it's keep around his small farm.

He had initially thought he could put a sulky on it and use it, but it has way too much movement for a sulky. I use it all over the farm and am cutting pretty large saplings and such. It was a good investment for him.

I was wondering if others felt the same if you have one.

IMG_0062.JPG IMG_0063.JPG IMG_0064.JPG IMG_0065.JPG

#2 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted May 16, 2012 - 03:58 PM

About two years ago, a friend of me Dad hired us to mow a lawn at a house that had not been mowed in about two years. He is a realtor and needed it cut. The realtor had one similar to one like that and I used the walk behind brush hog then my dad would come through with the '75 for a finish cut.

God Bless Those Who Served

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 26,641 Thanks
  • 28,301 posts

Posted May 16, 2012 - 03:58 PM

I have one with the brush cutter blade. it'll take down a small tree if you need to.

We are going to use it for Multiflora Rose in the old pasture.

#4 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,747 Thanks
  • 1,392 posts

Posted May 16, 2012 - 09:17 PM

I have had one for about 10 years now. It has a Kawasaki twin with a 26 inch brush blade. It has been used hard clearing many different areas of brush and undergrowth (up to 2 inches trunks on saplings) It'll do brush and brambles without a care, but you will need leather pants and gloves :laughingteeth: Other than the chain to the drive gear occasionally getting out of adjustment and/or pulled off on a stump it has never had any issues "none". It has paid for itself many times over. I change the oil and filter, plugs, and sharpen the blade regularly and have not needed any repair parts. They are as good as they claim from my experience.