• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,394 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted May 20, 2012 - 07:48 AM

That would be a big help. From what I can see of his pics, the whole mechanism is missing. Item #12 would be hard to fab. You would need a waterjet duplicator and one to copy off of.

#17 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,405 Thanks
  • 3,155 posts

Posted May 20, 2012 - 08:55 AM

OK a few shots of the lift

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_4280.JPG
  • 100_4281.JPG
  • 100_4282.JPG
  • 100_4283.JPG

• KennyP and Bill2 have said thanks

#18 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,394 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted May 20, 2012 - 09:14 AM

Good pics, Keith! Thanks for getting them!
  • Bill2 said thank you

#19 Bill2 OFFLINE  

Bill2
  • Member No: 9859
  • 4 Thanks
  • 26 posts

Posted May 20, 2012 - 09:21 PM

this is great ,just what i needed thanks so much for the pictures , I think that with these pictures they will give me enough info to make a good educated guess on making the brackets for the jacobsen. then with a little refabing on the bolens deck i should have it able to fit under the jacobsen and look like it belongs if you squint real hard and stand back about 35 to 40 feet....LOL... when i gather up all the stuff i need to fab this up i;ll refer to this a thousand times to make sure i have everything as close as i can get it .. SO thanks again Skyrydr and KennyP for the help and everyone else who contributed to this topic it means a lot when you ask someone for help and actually get it

#20 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,405 Thanks
  • 3,155 posts

Posted May 21, 2012 - 03:01 AM

Thats what makes this place , your very welcome. :)

#21 Buck OFFLINE  

Buck

• Member No: 5225
  • 36 Thanks
  • 116 posts

Posted May 29, 2012 - 07:45 PM

HI Bill, I just saw your post and I am going through some deck problems as well. I have a Jake 1450 and the deck is rusted out. I found one nearby (stroke of luck!) but it is not the same mounting brackets. I am taking all the gear (Wheels, pulley, mounting brackets) off the old one and welding it on my new one. When I get it back I can take some pics and measurments for you. I can tell you it appears you are missing the lift frame or maybe you have it and I did not read the whole post. I also can tell you there is not much "wiggle room" for the mounts. so if you are going to make your own, get the right measurments! I am also picking up another Jake 1650 and a older gt hydro. So i may have a extra deck . Don't know what it would cost to ship from NH to you but may be worth it.
  • Bill2 said thank you

#22 Bill2 OFFLINE  

Bill2
  • 4 Thanks
  • 26 posts

Posted May 29, 2012 - 10:10 PM

yes Buck the measurements are something i would really be interested in. I still am wanting to make a deck for my jacobsen i can't seem to find one so far and i really don't know how much it would cost to ship from you to me but would prob be alot ,( still interested though) any way if there is some way to get some measurements of the deck lifting action that would sure help me in my quest for a good mower the deck bracets and lift action is what mostley interested in.. the deck really doesn't matter to much because its gonna be a bolens deck stripped and welded from a blank canvus I'll put on everything to make it a jacobsen deck and thank you so much for the help

#23 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,394 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted May 30, 2012 - 06:22 AM

Bill, I dropped the ball here. I'll see if I can get some measurements for you, but you will need the mule drive also. Have you checked with any of the sponsors about this? At least for the hangers and mule drive. It would be much easier than trying to build.

#24 Buck OFFLINE  

Buck

• Member No: 5225
  • 36 Thanks
  • 116 posts

Posted May 30, 2012 - 08:33 PM

Hi Bill, I will keep checking in, but i don't have the deck back yet. Be happy to figure out the measurements when I do get it back. You might want to look on Ebay for the lift frame. I think all size Jakes have interchangable lift frames. Once you get this and mounted on your tractor it would be better to go from there. Keep in touch with Kenny and the rest of the guys on here because they have much more knowledge!

#25 Bill2 OFFLINE  

Bill2
  • 4 Thanks
  • 26 posts

Posted May 30, 2012 - 10:18 PM

Ok thanks for the tip and I'll try to find the lift action, although i haven't had good luck with buying used stuff over the internet I will see what i can come up with. Thanks again for the time and measurements I know that takes a while and i really do appreaciate it .

#26 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,394 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted May 31, 2012 - 05:29 AM

Bill, it may be a bit before I can get some measurements, work is getting in the way here. Hopefully, tomorrow I can take mine apart and get pics with measurements of each piece plus some of the mule drive.

#27 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,394 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted June 01, 2012 - 11:16 AM

Got it apart and have measurements and pics! This is for a '77 and up, 09jc3336 model and differs from what Keith posted pics of, mainly in the center piece.
First off is the front section. All end views are of the front of each piece. Side views have the front to the right.
Side pieces are 13-1/4" L X 1-1/2" T X 3/8" Thick.
3/4" shaft is 7/8" in to CL, welded at 10-3/8" apart (on inside)
3/8" hole is 2" forward of shaft CL, centered in piece
3/4" hole is 11-3/4" forward of shaft CL
Side pieces have a 3/8" offset, starts at 6-1/2" from rear and ends at 10"
Image003.jpg Image004.jpg

Rear section:
side pieces are 15-1/4" L X 1-1/2" X 3/8"
3/4" SHAFT IS 7/8" in to CL, welded at 10-3/8" apart (on inside)
3/8" hole is 4-1/4" forward of shaft CL, centered in piece
3/4" hole is 13-1/2" forward of shaft CL
no offset
Image006.jpg Image007.jpg

Center Section:
25-1/2" +/- long X 1-1/2" X 3/8"
3/4" holes are 23-7/8" C to C, from rear hole set at 3/4" in
7/8" cross shaft, 11-3/8" forward of rear hole CL and 5/8" up from top edge
cross shaft brkts are made from 1-1/2" X 2" L X 1/4" stock
Cross shaft is 7/8"D, with 1/2" threads machined at each end, set at 10-5/8" between brkts
Bend is at 41 degrees, pic #10 shows measurements for it
Image008.jpg Image009.jpg
Image010.jpg

Lift brkt
7-15/16" L X 1-3/4" W X 1/4" thick
1/2" slot starts at 5/8" & is 4-1/2" long
1-1/8" hole at 7", w/ brass bushing for 7/8" shaft
Image011.jpg

Bushings I made to replace the shoulder bolts no longer available
Image005.jpg

Hope this helps!
  • Russ and Bill2 have said thanks

#28 Bill2 OFFLINE  

Bill2
  • 4 Thanks
  • 26 posts

Posted June 01, 2012 - 09:42 PM

oh you have know idea how much this is gonna help me.. You just made me one happy little fabricater this is perfect thank you so much. With all this I will be able to fab this up in know time. and here i thought trial and error was gonna be the case but man this is great ,no guessing here ..When I get the chance to grab up some metal for the bracets. I'll begin the fabing .. Right now I got the frame and motor preped and painted also new wiring and switches just need the rain to stop so i can prep the body and paint it . When this thing is done I'll post all the pics from beginning to end and see what you guys think. so keep checking back for my pics and thanks so much for you measurements Kenny P

#29 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,394 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted June 02, 2012 - 04:34 AM

Bill, glad I could do this! There is a large spring that hooks to the 7/8" cross shaft for the float action. It was a bit of a pain to hook back on, had to get Steve hold the center section up so I could rehook it! It is Item #24 in the parts breakdown above. You may have to watch how you build that center section, the curved parts are for clearance to the tie rod. It might be easier to just purchase that piece and build every thing else to it.

#30 Bill2 OFFLINE  

Bill2
  • 4 Thanks
  • 26 posts

Posted June 02, 2012 - 09:37 PM

I wil keep it in mind about the center section. I hope i can build it, I always like a challenge your pics and dicriptions are really good so hopefully i will be able to. Thanks

Edited by Bill2, June 02, 2012 - 09:37 PM.