• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 Bill2 OFFLINE  

Bill2
  • Member No: 9859
  • 4 Thanks
  • 26 posts

Posted May 15, 2012 - 10:47 PM

like to start out by saying hello to everyone, Now to the big ? I have a jacobsen 53332 with no deck ,I can't find one anywhere to look at to make another deck fit this tractor . I have the nohow but nothing to go by, the tractor has a hydraulic cylinder to raise and lower it but thats it nothing else is there ..a friend had the pully;s that go in the front to run the deck but other than that i'm lost. I tried looking at a diagram on the parts booklet on the web but not specific enough if i could see a picture or alot of info i can fab up something. theres no one around me with this info so anything would help. thanks for the help I really need it

#2 Russ OFFLINE  

Russ

• Member No: 8191
  • 131 Thanks
  • 367 posts

Posted May 16, 2012 - 05:45 AM

:welcometogttalk: Sorry I can't help ya on the deck but just wanted to welcome ya to GTtalk,,,,,, Just had to say something,,, :smilewink:
  • Bill2 said thank you

#3 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,514 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted May 16, 2012 - 05:47 AM

Welcome to the forum! Not sure which tractor this is. A pic would help. I found a manual for a 53330 here:
http://gardentractor...erators-manual/
I just uploaded a mower manual here:
http://gardentractor...rotomower59792/
See if that looks like your tractor in the pic.

#4 Bill2 OFFLINE  

Bill2
  • 4 Thanks
  • 26 posts

Posted May 16, 2012 - 10:22 PM

Hey thanks guys for the info. Is there any pics or info of the mount from mower to tractor,on how to raise and lower the deck ,how it connects stuff like that ... I think there is a sizzor action or x bracing somehow .. the info you have given me will get me started on the deck part, but the lifting it is my real worry thanks for the helpm, keep giving me good ideas and i'll have this done in no time.lol

#5 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,418 Thanks
  • 3,165 posts

Posted May 17, 2012 - 04:11 AM

That looks to be an early 70's model , lots of parts on epay under "ford lawn tractor" that does use a "scissor" or "x" frame. There are 2 different kinds too, early and late, the early one is pretty straight except for the "j" at the front, the late model one has a dog leg in the center of it , and is usually painted flat black.
All the decks from 1971-1983 are interchangable too and you had 2 choices ,42" or 50" .
Good luck with your quest , these rigs are very rugged and whem set up properly, they mow second to NONE! I absolutely love mine and the neighbors drool every time I mow, as my lawn looks like astro-turf .Best of all, I only now at half throttle, and it still comes out perfect.

#6 Bill2 OFFLINE  

Bill2
  • 4 Thanks
  • 26 posts

Posted May 17, 2012 - 09:26 PM

everyone i talk to said they were good mowers and i hope to find a used deck cheap but I live in a small town where if you want something like a jacobsen mower deck ,you have to be really lucky or you fab one up yourself the only thing i need is to see the part that raises the deck then i could make it ..looked all over for a picture of this perticular type deck with no luck if one of you have the deck that would work, draw me a picture or take a picture to show me how to fab one up to where i can raise/lower it please please pretty please and i would be a very happy jacobsen owner

#7 Bill2 OFFLINE  

Bill2
  • 4 Thanks
  • 26 posts

Posted May 17, 2012 - 09:39 PM

is the ford LGT models the same as the jacobsen 53332 as far as the deck action??

#8 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,418 Thanks
  • 3,165 posts

Posted May 18, 2012 - 03:09 AM

Same rig, Jake made them for Ford.

#9 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,514 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted May 18, 2012 - 03:56 AM

Bill, can you get a couple pics of your tractor? One of the whole tractor and one where the deck goes? That might help us see what is missing/needed for a deck to fit.

#10 Bill2 OFFLINE  

Bill2
  • 4 Thanks
  • 26 posts

Posted May 18, 2012 - 08:49 PM

as soon as i can i will take pics of the jacobsen. as far as whats under there is nothing but a hydrualic ram with a arm to move up and down the rest is gone there are some hole in front where i think the pullies go and the arms for deck fit other than that there's nothing to guide me in a direction

#11 Bill2 OFFLINE  

Bill2
  • 4 Thanks
  • 26 posts

Posted May 19, 2012 - 06:14 PM

best i could do for now but as you can see i don't have much to go on for a deck project . just need a way to make a deck work up and down and stay where it needs to be

Attached Thumbnails

• P05-19-12_12.532.jpg
  • P05-19-12_12.56.jpg

#12 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,514 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted May 19, 2012 - 06:26 PM

That's a closed side tractor? Wish I had known that sooner, but the model # didn't ring a bell. That's the same as my Ford! I have some pics of part of that scissor lift on here, I'll see if I can find the thread!

Found it!
http://gardentractor...deck-lift-redo/
Also so discussion about it in here:
http://gardentractor...e-bushing-redo/

Edited by KennyP, May 19, 2012 - 06:34 PM.
Added links

#13 Bill2 OFFLINE  

Bill2
  • 4 Thanks
  • 26 posts

Posted May 19, 2012 - 09:51 PM

does anyone have a picture of it on the tractor or off to show where and how it all works together,like where the scissor attaches on the tractor and what the scissor looks like on the deck just so i can get a visiual of it in my head or if anyone has a deck close by lewis co. WV they would be willing to trade on or i could buy straight out that would be great thanks again for all the help.

#14 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,514 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted May 20, 2012 - 04:55 AM

Bill, depending on the weather today, I'll see what I can get. I haven't put the deck on as yet as it has issues.
I did try for a better pic from the manual:
LGT165DeckLift.jpeg
The red circled parts are the main parts needed for the deck lift.

#15 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,418 Thanks
  • 3,165 posts

Posted May 20, 2012 - 07:00 AM

Kenny, I can snap a few shots of the deck and attchment points for Bill, as I have 2 closed sided rigs here, my 165 and Dad's 125 with mechanical lift ;)
  • KennyP said thank you