• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bolex OFFLINE  

bolex
  • Member No: 9864
  • 123 Thanks
  • 313 posts

Posted May 15, 2012 - 11:57 AM

new here and can't seem to find what i am looking for anywhere else :wallbanging: . everybody has info on speedex's so why can't i find out what year 2 of my speedex's were built or am i just jumping the gun and one of you guy's knows , i just have to ask :ok: so i'll ask, what model and year is frame # 0815K and frame# 348H i got these 2 about 3 weeks ago and can't find any info pertaining to the model and year . I have a 67 S17 and understand the frame numbers coding for the S17 . So thanks in advance for any info ! :thumbs:

#2 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted May 15, 2012 - 02:12 PM

Welcome to the site! As I was reading this, I was wondering if you had the serial numbers! Then I saw them, and was relieved. Lol. Unfortunitly, I cant help with the years, but somebody on the site should be able to help you, I dont think it will be long before one of the speedex guys finds this and has every answer you need! Again, welcome to the site! After the serial number, the next question will be "Got any pics?" If you have some, everybody here would like to see your tractors!
  • bolex said thank you

#3 chris m ONLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted May 15, 2012 - 06:30 PM

:welcometogttalk: Welcome bolex!
I am trying to find info for you. Those numbers you gave, are they stamped into the frame or are they the ones on the plate?

Post some pictures when you get a chance, We would love to see them.
  • bolex said thank you

#4 bolex OFFLINE  

bolex
  • Member No: 9864
  • 123 Thanks
  • 313 posts

Posted May 16, 2012 - 08:30 AM

Thanks for the welcome ryan313, and chris m . the numbers that i gave are the ones stamped into the frame on the right side under the sheave . All of my speedex's are preserial tag units saved from the evil jaws of a crusher with less than $210 in all three units . the S17 and S24 are going to cost alot more to restore needing both hoods and other parts for resto the other that's currently unknown may get some parts removed and sold as a almost bare frame at the pioneer steam and gas show in july unless it turns out to be some rare unit . if someone offered a reasonable amount i may sell it as is with some of the other parts on it. i already took the steering gear off the cross shaft to replace the broken one on the S24 and thinking about rebadging a 16hp kohler to 10hp and slipping it onto the frame for a little more pull. PS proud owner of the 240th S17 manufactured in 1967 :thumbs:

#5 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,210 Thanks
  • 28,584 posts

Posted May 16, 2012 - 04:01 PM

:welcome: to GTTalk, Hope one of the Guru's have an answer for you soon.

#6 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted May 17, 2012 - 05:22 PM

:wave: bolex! Welcome to GTTalk! I too hope that someone comes along soon with the information that you seek. It may help if you start another thread and title it "looking for Speedex frame number help" or something similar. Just the same, we're glad that you're here. I try to get to the Pioneer show every year. Maybe we'll run into each other there!