Clutch Options

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Salatino OFFLINE  

• Member No: 1100
  • 29 Thanks
  • 188 posts

Posted May 13, 2012 - 06:53 PM

Cant decide what I want as far as a new clutch disk & pressure spring , I'm thinkin I might go with a red spring,and maybe a stainless driveshaft,As far as the clutch disk itself , cant decide what to purchase theres a few options out there, Alum, Vogel sells a kevlar style disk, a guy on ebay sells them he cnc machines out of clutch material. dont wanna buy a stock disk. Any advise on what would be good?

#2 timtractor OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 4824
  • 224 Thanks
  • 376 posts

Posted May 13, 2012 - 11:16 PM

The company Hy Capacity has a clutch assembly that is like the style that is used in the farm tractors. The clutch lining has a three or four puck designs.

Other wise check out the web site gardentractorpullingtips.com/index.htm This site has been alot of help to me for building Cub Cadet pulling clutches.

Oen other site to see is midwestsupercub.net They also sell cub pulling items.

The cub I pull with, I just use stress proof shaft for the drive shaft, the clutch spring is from a New Holland digger spring (but just half of it, idea from Brian Miller), and a aluminium clutch lining I bought from a pulling site on Ebay.

I added a center bearing half way in the drive shaft. With all of the torque going through the shaft, the drive shaft tries to warp or bend. Then you end up having a bad vibration problem. After adding the bearing, not a problrm then.