10 replies to this topic

#1 Gene@gearworksmfg OFFLINE  

Gene@gearworksmfg

• Sponsor
  • Member No: 53
  • 2 Thanks
  • 25 posts

Posted June 29, 2010 - 11:26 AM

I've seen a couple of r/c threads, so i figure I'll post my own R/C thread. I've been involved with r/c cars since the early 90s. Then I took a break from it once I started to get interested in girls and real cars. Well, flash forward to now, and I'm back into it after a 15 year hiatus. I'm also into photography (I use a Nikon D90) I'm still learning with both hobbies, but with the camera it mostly for taking pictures of my growing daughter.

here's some pictures from one of the races a few weeks ago- in which I TQ and won!!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted June 29, 2010 - 11:46 AM

That looks like a lot of fun. I have had simple battery powered RC cars before but would like to have nitro 4x4 rc truck.

#3 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted June 29, 2010 - 12:35 PM

I love it Gene. I was the same where before I started driving I was into racing oval with the monster trucks and then was out of it till a couple years ago and got back into it except with the nitro 1/8th scale truggies and buggies. I ended with a passion for flying especially the giant scale 33%. I sold all my stuff about 2 years ago. Once the kids get a little older I plan on getting back in to it.

We are also in to the photography, we have a D40 right now but I want to get a D5000 here before too long. We just got a 55-200mm lens for the D40.

Thanks for posting the pics, it is amazing how many of us share the same hobbies.

#4 Gene@gearworksmfg OFFLINE  

Gene@gearworksmfg

• Sponsor
  • 2 Thanks
  • 25 posts

Posted June 29, 2010 - 01:29 PM

We are also in to the photography, we have a D40 right now but I want to get a D5000 here before too long. We just got a 55-200mm lens for the D40.

Thanks for posting the pics, it is amazing how many of us share the same hobbies.

The D40 was such a great camera! I would still be using mine, but for some reason it would no longer read the SD cards. I was able to capture some great images and the setting up the camera to do what I wanted was slightly easier compared to the D90.
Maybe a pic of the day thread? I've seen them on some other car enthusiest forums, which it has just a large variety of images form flowers to buildings

#5 poncho62 ONLINE  

poncho62
  • Member No: 42
  • 632 Thanks
  • 1,220 posts

Posted June 29, 2010 - 01:37 PM

Kind of into photography still.........it is so much more fun and easier in this digital age.....My daughter is a professional photographer, she has all my old SLR equipment.....however, she has gone digital SLR now too......

Also into the RC stuff a bit with my grandkids....they are still quite young, so more of that will likely come later....

Also into hot rodding...have a 51 Ford F1 that I did from the ground up....

Gardening and this damn computer also takes up a lot of my time.

#6 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted June 29, 2010 - 02:51 PM

The D40 was such a great camera! I would still be using mine, but for some reason it would no longer read the SD cards. I was able to capture some great images and the setting up the camera to do what I wanted was slightly easier compared to the D90.
Maybe a pic of the day thread? I've seen them on some other car enthusiest forums, which it has just a large variety of images form flowers to buildings

That sounds like a cool idea. I just have pics of tractors right now but we can work on that lOL. If you wanna start it up I am sure others will follow including me.

#7 Gene@gearworksmfg OFFLINE  

Gene@gearworksmfg

• Sponsor
  • 2 Thanks
  • 25 posts

Posted June 29, 2010 - 03:42 PM

Here's a quick build of a car that I found at a junkyard last year. It was an old 1974 BMW 2002. I put a set of wheels/tires on it, fender flares, removed the bumpers and got it running. It was huge hit at the local car show because it is so odd. The mainstream muscle car owners did not like it because it was drawing all the attention. Not bad for the $1400 I had into it. No matter how cold it was, this car would always start. Also, i'm 6'3" and this car had ample amount of leg room for me.
Posted Image

and on to the main project. My '52 chevy.
Posted Image

#8 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted June 29, 2010 - 03:52 PM

Is that an old Econoline pickup I see in the background,or is it van version ?I had a '66 years ago,great little "hot rod" with a 302 in it.

Edited by mjodrey, June 29, 2010 - 04:28 PM.

#9 Gene@gearworksmfg OFFLINE  

Gene@gearworksmfg

• Sponsor
  • 2 Thanks
  • 25 posts

Posted June 29, 2010 - 04:39 PM

Good catch! It's a pick up. When I get a chance, I'll snap some more pictures. It has the 2005 Mustang wheels on it (1" spacer in the front and a little too wide 9" rear) It has a mild 302.

#10 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted June 30, 2010 - 02:38 PM

Good catch! It's a pick up. When I get a chance, I'll snap some more pictures. It has the 2005 Mustang wheels on it (1" spacer in the front and a little too wide 9" rear) It has a mild 302.

I really like those old Econolines,now after seeing yours,I want another one.:D

#11 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,645 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted June 30, 2010 - 02:46 PM

Gene, it would appear you have too much money, time, & garage space for any one guy to manage. Feel free to send all the extra you have down to me! LOL I like the lil BMW! What you expect to see the spies & such chasing each other in Europe while shooting an Uzi out the window. Bet it handles great too!
Now one thing I don't understand is "Other Hobbies".....you mean besides tractors? Is there such a thing? :D